Fabric blahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric blahs

I haven't seen a collection that's inspired me for months and months and months now. I have the fabric blahs.
    I'm whining but I know ya'll understand.

Re: Fabric blahs

Hi Heather,

Fabric blahs!!! That doesn't sound like you at all. Maybe we should meet up in Reno after the snow melts and have a fabric-fun day! When the snow melts....ah there's the rub. You need a vacation, maybe come to SF?

SFJen

Comment

Some of the new collections (in my eyes only) seem just plain ugly, So I'm agreeing with you. I do need a vacation or some kind of inspiration. I don't need more fabric, I have tons of it on the shelves in my sewing room Just need a project I'm really happy to make.

Comment

I think once you get a good stash, there isn't going to be much to excite you until you see something you want to make. I have plenty of fabric to make a lot of good stuff just not enough energy to execute it.

Comment

I saw this today on the Moda Blog... Little Snippets by Bonnie and Camille.

http://blog.modafabrics.com/2019/01/little-snippets/
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

It happens. Maybe a visit to a real store to pet new fabrics that may inspire you. I know I. Not falling for new lines lately, except I really like the designer Jason Yenter lines by In The Beginning. The fabric feels like silk.

I hope it passes soon.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post

That's cute, Katrina! I like it...thanks for sharing!
              Tracie

Comment

A lot of fabric collections don't appeal to me, either. Sometimes when I see a "blah" collection used in an actual quilt, the beauty of the fabric really comes out and suddenly I see the appeal!

I agree with grammaterry; having a big stash can make you choosier about buying new fabric. Also, a great many collections aren't appealing from the get-go if you're not looking to make a holiday quilt or a baby quilt, or if you're not big on the gray trend.

Comment

Now that you mention it.......I haven't bought anything new in months either.......I saw the Little Snippets and I'm a drooling......so time cures just about anything......that and light bulb moments!

Comment

I feel the same. Other than a cheap layer cake from Tuesday Morning, I've not bought very little print fabric in the past year...just a few solids &some wide backing for a gifted quilt. Nothing has really "grabbed" me.
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I know how you feel. I haven't been wow'ed by any fabric lines lately either. For that reason, I haven't bought the daily deal in a Long time. I was recently at a huge fabric shop (Burkholder's) in PA. This pattern caught my eye https://www.nancyrinkdesigns.com/sho...ge-detail.html I don't know when the pattern came out or the fabric line but I fell in love with it and purchased it all for the pattern. The Marcus New aged linens are so pretty and different from what I usually sew with. They are a solid that almost looks like suede. Not sure When I'll get to this quilt but when I'm ready I have everything I need.
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post

I was just looking at this line the other day. I LOVE it!
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I haven't been enthused either. They all seem to remind me of prints from the late 50's.
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels.
                          When someone
                          break's our wings
                          we will continue to
                          fly...usually on a
                          broomstick.
                          We're flexible like that.
                          - embroitique

Comment

I recently received an email from The Sweetwater Co showing their new Christmas line for 2019. I love almost everything they design and have already put in my reserve at The Fat Quarter Shop. This might be something you'd like!(?)

Comment

I love Sweetwater. I've sort of moved away from pre-cuts as a rule. I love the variety but the pinked edges and mis-cuts are annoying because I can't be as precise as I like. Whenever possible I cut them off but that's not always an option, especially with M* patterns.
                              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
                              X