Shipping Options and Merry Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Options and Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I haven't been on here for a few days, so maybe this has been discussed already, but I just placed the second order in as many days and notice they have added a shipping option. Now for a mere $7 more you can get "FedEx Express". Uh, sorry think I will pass on that. I can still get two day delivery from other places for $5. I guess if I really needed something ASAP and no one else had it I would consider it. I'm glad there is an option, but will be interested to hear how good that option turns out to be. I don't know if "Express" means next day - if that's the case, then it's not a bad price if you really need it. But...if it takes three days, like the Fed Ex shipment I got a few weeks ago, it's not a good deal at all. Also, will they expedite the shipping process for these orders or will they linger in the normal channels, sometimes for days, before being shipped?

If anyone tries this service, I would like to hear about your experience.

All that being said, I ordered machine quilting yesterday using my 25% discount coupon! I know it will take a while, but, hey, this quilt has been "in progress" for at least five years, so no hurry - It's mine and will be the first queen size quilt I have completed! It's made from "Vintage Modern" Layer Cakes by Bonnie and Camille. The layer cake was one of the first Daily Deals I ever saw - but missed because it sold out :-(. I then saw Jenny's tutorial for the Double Slice layer cake and knew those two belonged together! Found two layer cakes elsewhere and some yardage. I actually put it together a couple of years ago but just finished the back (had to be pieced, too). I'm excited!
    Donna

Re: Shipping Options and Merry Christmas!

I am sorry I am confused. Is the price $5+7 for the shipping or is it $7 total?

Comment

I knew expedited shipping would be higher ... but not that high. I agree that an explanation would be nice.

I'm reading it as $5 and an additional $7 for $12 total.

Comment

I can get an order, complete with cut yardage, from equilter for $8 total in 3 days from the time I order it. This is sure no bargain. AND if I do the simple survey, I get a $7 coupon for the NEXT order. Prices are good too.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I knew this would be the case. You wanted a choice, you got a choice and you still complain. Frankly, I think no matter what they offered you still wouldn't like it.
          Wendy
          http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Originally posted by wlrquilts View Post
            I knew this would be the case. You wanted a choice, you got a choice and you still complain. Frankly, I think no matter what they offered you still wouldn't like it.
            I won't be complaining, especially after having to ship so much stuff this year. If I needed it quickly, I'd pay the difference and be thrilled that I wouldn't be waiting for the round about trip.
            Katrina
            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I am not complaining. I just wasn't sure what the cost for shipping was going to be. I think its great that at least they are addressing issues with shipping and giving another option.

Comment

No complaints here either.

I have been lucky with all my shipments from M*.
                Everything I have ordered arrived between 1 and 4 days EARLIER than the tracking estimated.

Comment

LOL! You forget we DID and still do have a better choice already. I will continue to exercise that one. I was hoping for a reasonably priced alternative, and from what I can see - without any explanation from M* - $12 is not a reasonable price for three day delivery when I can get two day delivery for $5. Not all choices are created equal, but glad to hear you are happy with them!

eta, Frankly - you are wrong about me not being happy no matter what. I would be ecstatic if they would simply go back to mailing our orders and cut out all this third party nonsense.
                  Donna

Comment

Not when we can beat it somewhere else. Just good sense
                    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

To answer some of the questions, from MSQ's shipping info page:

"We are offering promotional 2-day FedEx Express shipping for only $12!

This new 2-day shipping doesn’t include processing time, but we’ll do our very best to get your package out the door in 1 to 5 business days. And remember, only our standard shipping can deliver to P.O. boxes, so be sure to use your home address if you want to use FedEx Express. "

FYI: FedEx "Express" is defined by FedEx: "within 3 business days"

Hope this helps those who find themselves debating if FedEx Express is a better alternative to standard shipping a.k.a. FedEx Smartpost ("Typically 2–7 business days based on the distance to your destination ")

Comment

While $12 shipping isn't ideal, at least it's a start. To put it in perspective, this is the first time, to my knowledge, that MSQC has ever offered another option to standard shipping.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Recent transactions.....

Order placed with FQS on 12/25/18 (3.5 cut of linen yardage and a charm pack on flash sale). Shipped out 12/26/18 via USPS and should receive by 12/31/18. 5 day turn around......

Order placed with M* on 12/26/18 (one pattern and Daily Deal/charm pack). Shipped out 12/27/18 via FedEx Smartpost and will receive 01/08/19....13 day turn around.....

Now, which shipping method is more suitable and makes sense? I guess when the shipping option was demanded; USPS was to be considered and it hasn't yet? And, I am not being impatient; it just proves which shipping service does it better. Like I have stated before; the more the product is handled, the longer it will take. Facts are facts....
                          Last edited by shermur; December 28, 2018, 12:27 AM.
                          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I agree Wendy. Some people just aren't happy with anything that M* does, and quite frankly don't know why they are even on their forum. Some of the 'complainers' never buy ANYTHING from them....js
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh dear no! Lets not EVER strive for any improvement! That would just be criminal! Maybe that's why they have the Squeaky Wheel forum. Smart folk KNOW one squeak can be ignored, but with a constant squeal, SOMEONE will find some grease!

Comment

Working...
                              X