Wine Totes?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine Totes?????

I made several of those cute bags that Terry was making a few weeks ago.

quilited-totes.jpg

Yesterday I showed them to my DDIL and she immediately thought they were double wine totes. She especially liked that they stood up by themselves, which is thanks to that In-R Foam. Well that got me to thinking - why not??? So this am I got online and tried to find a pattern using the In-R Foam to make a double wine tote - no luck.

So my brain has been on overdrive trying to figure out how to do that. Could I simply sew it down the middle (the bottom is boxed)...or should I try to make some sort of divider - and how would that attach.

Any suggestions????

Re: Wine Totes?????

Very cute bags indeed! I'm impressed!

I haven't been brave enough to try to many any, so I'm no help. But we sure do have some experts here, so I hope they give you some help.
    πŸ’« Star lover

Comment

I don't see why you couldn't sew down the middle and my opinion would be you needn't go all the way to the bottom just very close to it.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
        I don't see why you couldn't sew down the middle and my opinion would be you needn't go all the way to the bottom just very close to it.
        That was kinda of my thought too Monique. I can't try it with these because I put pockets on the inside. But the next one I make I'll eliminate the pockets and give it a whirl. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Star lover View Post
          Very cute bags indeed! I'm impressed!

I haven't been brave enough to try to many any, so I'm no help. But we sure do have some experts here, so I hope they give you some help.
          Thanks Anita. You really should give them a try....they're not hard and are in fact lots of fun to make. Here is a link to the turorial

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...-vargas-wilson

Comment

Try pinning the bag with a couple bottles inside and see how it works. Normally there is a fabric divider inside so the bag isn't pulled out of shape.
            K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
              Try pinning the bag with a couple bottles inside and see how it works. Normally there is a fabric divider inside so the bag isn't pulled out of shape.
              Great idea Karen - I'll give that a try - Thanks

Comment

What a great idea. My suggestion is to make a removable divider using the In-R-Foam since it is rigid and can stand alone without sewn support. It will keep the bottles separated and cushioned plus your project will be a dual purpose tote. I think you have inspired many and I can see this being a nice hostess gift during the holidays.

Hindsight thought: make the divider longer than height of tote, then sew a seam across width to fold to one side. The folded side will be underneath one bottle.

Comment

I think snowbird has a better idea. I believe if you sew down the middle it will distort the bag.
                  I think you could make the infoam piece and if you wanted it permanent sew it into the bottom of the bag and use snaps at the top.
                  My other thought would be to just make them narrower and make single wine totes.
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Maybe you could just sew on the divider on one side, so you could fold it out to go between the two bottles. That way, the tote could still be used full size if needed.

Comment

I found some two bottle tote patterns on Pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...&etslf=3648&te
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I have sewn a divider in similar bags. I don't attach to the bottom only side seams. It makes kind of an "S" separating the bottles
                        β€œWhat we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Bags designed to hold camera equipment use Velcro to attach the dividers. Maybe sew a strip of pile Velcro down the center of each side of your lining, then make your divider wide enough to sew the hook Velcro on both long edges. That way you can remove the divider if you aren''t carrying bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                            Bags designed to hold camera equipment use Velcro to attach the dividers. Maybe sew a strip of pile Velcro down the center of each side of your lining, then make your divider wide enough to sew the hook Velcro on both long edges. That way you can remove the divider if you aren''t carrying bottles.
                            Totally genius! This is a great and very smart solution.
                            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I think easiest solution would be to make a simple oblong wrap for one of the bottles and close it with velcro. make it long enough to accommodate different bottle sizes. No bottles banging around and a really fast fix. I don't see a need for two wraps.

Comment

Working...
                              X