My machine and I have been on a trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My machine and I have been on a trip

You are sweet. And I think a thread that alerted us all about the pitfalls of products would be grand. I have been raving about how great my Viking is and how much I love to sew on it so I am guilty if anyone has followed my advice. Who woulda thought?
    Anyway, I do have a second machine...it too is a Viking...the stepping motor is out on it so it only straight stitches. Fixing it is out of the question as it is a $500 repair and I could buy another platinum 715 for $200 on ebay.
    I have a couple of old mechanical machines that straight stitch but aren't so much fun.
    Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Sorry Terry- I wasn't a member here when you were doing your search, but most likely would not have "piped up" anyway. I'm not sure I was as in tune with the sewing machine world much at that point anyway. Hopefully we can use your experience as an example so others don't suffer the same fate.

I only bought my new machine a bit over a year ago, and have a part of the quilt world even less. I'm certainly glad my budget and justification kept me from leaping in any deeper than I did. I admit, I did drool over those really high end machines. It just wasn't right at the time. I think we should keep this issue at the forefront, and I intend to start a separate thread on the subject in the near future.

So Terry- I think that if I were you I'd have me a second machine to use for when you didn't absolutely have to use the Viking. I did this a month or so back because I had some fears about the life of my fantastic plastic electronic gadget that I'd been sewing on 3-4 hours daily for the past year.

Comment

I hope the repair holds up. I've had my basic viking since 2003, this post made me realize how old she is... I keep talking about setting her up to teach my kids on, but it hasn't happened since our move this summer....

Comment

Your Viking was still made in Sweden. I think it must have been around 2008 when they went to China. So, I guess, hang on to it.
        Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
        I hope the repair holds up. I've had my basic viking since 2003, this post made me realize how old she is... I keep talking about setting her up to teach my kids on, but it hasn't happened since our move this summer....

Comment

Working...
        X