My machine and I have been on a trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My machine and I have been on a trip

You are sweet. And I think a thread that alerted us all about the pitfalls of products would be grand. I have been raving about how great my Viking is and how much I love to sew on it so I am guilty if anyone has followed my advice. Who woulda thought?
    Anyway, I do have a second machine...it too is a Viking...the stepping motor is out on it so it only straight stitches. Fixing it is out of the question as it is a $500 repair and I could buy another platinum 715 for $200 on ebay.
    I have a couple of old mechanical machines that straight stitch but aren't so much fun.
    Originally posted by oldmanquilts View Post
    Sorry Terry- I wasn't a member here when you were doing your search, but most likely would not have "piped up" anyway. I'm not sure I was as in tune with the sewing machine world much at that point anyway. Hopefully we can use your experience as an example so others don't suffer the same fate.

I only bought my new machine a bit over a year ago, and have a part of the quilt world even less. I'm certainly glad my budget and justification kept me from leaping in any deeper than I did. I admit, I did drool over those really high end machines. It just wasn't right at the time. I think we should keep this issue at the forefront, and I intend to start a separate thread on the subject in the near future.

So Terry- I think that if I were you I'd have me a second machine to use for when you didn't absolutely have to use the Viking. I did this a month or so back because I had some fears about the life of my fantastic plastic electronic gadget that I'd been sewing on 3-4 hours daily for the past year.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

I hope the repair holds up. I've had my basic viking since 2003, this post made me realize how old she is... I keep talking about setting her up to teach my kids on, but it hasn't happened since our move this summer....

Comment

Your Viking was still made in Sweden. I think it must have been around 2008 when they went to China. So, I guess, hang on to it.
        Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
        I hope the repair holds up. I've had my basic viking since 2003, this post made me realize how old she is... I keep talking about setting her up to teach my kids on, but it hasn't happened since our move this summer....
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X