• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kensington
    replied
    Re: Craftsy Blueprint

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
    When I first found Jenny on that site it wasn't called Craftsy. It was Sympose.
    But, Jenny was her own name... M* their own brand. Which hasn't changed. I have only seen Jenny on Craftsy a couple of times, in the beginning.

I just think they couldn't do better than "Craftsy".. Leave a good thing alone. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

I am a bit confused. The name/company Craftsy has not gone away. When I order, it is still from Craftsy. The classes part is now Bluprint. At least that is what I understand. Did I misunderstand something?

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

The name Craftsy made more sense to me then Bluprint. What's a Bluprint? How is it related to what the company actually is. Is it a new trendy language?

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by kensington View Post
    I don't understand why successful business's do this.... Craftsy ... a name people recognizes, with a faithful fan base changes their name or format. Are they bored or something?

It seems to me they will lose people, and new people won't know where to find them. I personally will move on and not mess with it. I don't like change... I like things familiar and fun. OH well...

Why change a cute name like Craftsy to Bluprint anyway? Silliness.
    When I first found Jenny on that site it wasn't called Craftsy. It was Sympose.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

I don't understand why successful business's do this.... Craftsy ... a name people recognizes, with a faithful fan base changes their name or format. Are they bored or something?

It seems to me they will lose people, and new people won't know where to find them. I personally will move on and not mess with it. I don't like change... I like things familiar and fun. OH well...

Why change a cute name like Craftsy to Bluprint anyway? Silliness.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

I am currently enrolled in Bluprint as I joined during an awesome promotion. So far, I like it, especially have received good offers on products. I am not sure if I will continue another year when this subscription is up, it will depend on the offer when that time comes. With my subscription, I also have free shipping - that almost makes it worth it as well.

I have always been extremely pleased with Craftsy customer service. Always pleasant and always have resolved the issue to my satisfaction and then some.

Just wanted to share a positive side of the program especially if you are someone who will utilize what they offer. I know its not for everyone though.

Leave a comment:

• sew-what2015
    replied

Originally posted by Midge View Post
    Agree you should definitely not cancel your credit card. You can get this information removed from their files. If the automated screen doesn't work, call the customer service line for Bluprint and take care of it that way. Then wait a day or so and check the page again to make sure the agent makes the changes. If you still can't get it removed write them a snail mail letter. It should not show up on your credit card statement after it closes. And if it does, having followed these steps and taken notes about dates you tried, who you spoke to on the phone, etc, then call your credit card and report the charge. They should "investigate" and remove it from your bill. They will get it done for you if you can't get Bluprint to fix this. I have had problems with charges in the past like this, and my credit card company issues an immediate refund to my account and then "investigates". They let you know by US Mail when the investigation is concluded and the outcome. So you can relax and be assured that you won't have consequences.
    I was on live chat today and had my credit card info removed. It took less than a minute to have it done. I also had a copy of the chat sent to my e-mail. I must say, the agent was very friendly and got it all done 'in a flash'. I was impressed as I figured they would try to get me to leave the info there or to give another credit card number. I checked the site and the info has been removed.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I went back to the site yesterday, signed in and went to my profile. Found the 'Manage Subscriptions' under my profile name. Sure enough, they had me subscribed for a year using my credit card info. They had a date for when the first payment would be automatically billed. I cancelled my subscription from there. I also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
    Agree you should definitely not cancel your credit card. You can get this information removed from their files. If the automated screen doesn't work, call the customer service line for Bluprint and take care of it that way. Then wait a day or so and check the page again to make sure the agent makes the changes. If you still can't get it removed write them a snail mail letter. It should not show up on your credit card statement after it closes. And if it does, having followed these steps and taken notes about dates you tried, who you spoke to on the phone, etc, then call your credit card and report the charge. They should "investigate" and remove it from your bill. They will get it done for you if you can't get Bluprint to fix this. I have had problems with charges in the past like this, and my credit card company issues an immediate refund to my account and then "investigates". They let you know by US Mail when the investigation is concluded and the outcome. So you can relax and be assured that you won't have consequences.

I knew there would be changes at Craftsy after they were bought by NBC Universal, but so far I am not impressed. I feel they have dumbed down the amount of content in the courses and generally went for the glitzy approach. Guess what, I don't care about network tv and how they operate. I just want to learn a skill. Also, they have changed the way they pay their instructors and instructors' incomes are cut practically in half. Yesterday I learned they have laid off 17 people from the ecommerce side of Craftsy, so I guess they will be phasing that out eventually. I'm not impressed, but I am sad because I bought the courses in good faith with their promise that you could ask questions of the teachers at any time. Now the teachers who won't accept 1/2 pay are leaving, and those classes are "retired". No teacher involved any more, although the class doesn't disappear for those who already bought it. I shouldn't be surprised, because I did know that Craftsy lost money and was funded by venture capital before being sold to NBC. And NBC tried something like Craftsy twice before, and both times the companies failed. So I think we are in the middle of this drama.

Leave a comment:

• sew-what2015
    replied

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Canceling your credit card will adversely affect your credit score. Your credit score effects the rates at which you can qualify for loans and even how much you are charged for insurance products. This is because there is a very high rating factor given to how long the credit account has been open. A better bet is to call customer service to remove the credit card info, wait one whole day so the computer has time to roll over, then log back in and make sure the credit card info has been removed.
    Denise, I will do that. Very kind of you to offer the information. I am not very savvy when it comes to such matters. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

Thank you Denise. Yup it says expires on Sept 5. So I just make it under the wire :-)

Thank you Vonnie. I've watched things on her site but didn't realize she had a utube channel. I'll join that :-)

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
    TI also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
    Canceling your credit card will adversely affect your credit score. Your credit score effects the rates at which you can qualify for loans and even how much you are charged for insurance products. This is because there is a very high rating factor given to how long the credit account has been open. A better bet is to call customer service to remove the credit card info, wait one whole day so the computer has time to roll over, then log back in and make sure the credit card info has been removed.

Leave a comment:

• sew-what2015
    replied

Originally posted by Stitches23 View Post
    Most likely,they will bill you automatically after the free trial unless you let them know (in writing) that you no longer want this service after the trial or end date. Be sure to include your acct number and other pertinent info when you request a stop payment. There is probably a "date" you have to let them know by in order to stop the auto billing and not be billed for the first month.
    Thanks for the info. I went back to the site yesterday, signed in and went to my profile. Found the 'Manage Subscriptions' under my profile name. Sure enough, they had me subscribed for a year using my credit card info. They had a date for when the first payment would be automatically billed. I cancelled my subscription from there. I also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
    Last edited by sew-what2015; August 30, 2018, 04:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.
    Go back to the email. At the very bottom in small print it will tell you when the offer expires. If the date is past the third try calling customer service and see if there is anything they can do. Their customer service used to be very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.
    Have you subscribed (free) to Angela Walters Youtube channel? She gives a lot of free classes there. Also Angela Hoffman at APQS has some nice tutorials, also free.

Angela Walters
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...2DSwn8Se32TnNQ

Angela Huffman
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fman+quilting+

whirlsnswirlsquilting
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5...TaeO9xulOa5PKg

Easy feathers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbpDSaCYRk
    Last edited by Vonnie; August 29, 2018, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carlie Wolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X