Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craftsy Blueprint

Ok, I'm confused.

I got a Craftsy email and they were offering a class I found interesting. It's $40 and I'm not interested at that price.
    Then at the bottom of the email they have this:

"Join Bluprint to get Ultimate Free-Motion Feathers and thousands of other classes for only $14.99/month, or purchase this class for $14.99 — that's 63% off (just add the class to your cart to apply the discount)!"

I don't get what Bluprint is. I looked around the site but it doesn't really give details that I can see other then they give courses. Price? How long you keep them and how often you can watch them once you join? Is it permanent like when you use to purchase the courses for on line? Are you getting any of the courses monthly and pay a monthly fee, for how long? In the end are they yours like a regular purchase.

And other then that does that note above mean I get the course for $14.99 as a purchase that I keep in my online file at Craftsy?

The course I was looking at was: Ultimate Free-Motion Feathers. I don't often purchase classes but do have a few, like maybe 4 I've purchased over the years. Then they made changes and I don't know if it's just me, but I find their explanations of their "new" services vague .
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Craftsy Blueprint

I'm not sure of all of the changes, except that Blueprint is what Craftsy Unlimited was. I do know that in the past when I have contacted customer service, they were very helpful. Maybe you could contact them to clarify.
    They do have some FAQ's regarding the change..
    https://www.craftsyhelp.com/hc/en-us...s/360007012751

They also have live chat
    Hope this helps some...

Comment

Yesterday, I registered for the free trial but not sure how it works. I will be doing a live chat sometime today. After I registered for the free trial, I realized that they have my credit card info so now I am worried that they will start billing me automatically once the free trial is over. I don't want that.

Comment

Most likely,they will bill you automatically after the free trial unless you let them know (in writing) that you no longer want this service after the trial or end date. Be sure to include your acct number and other pertinent info when you request a stop payment. There is probably a "date" you have to let them know by in order to stop the auto billing and not be billed for the first month.

Comment

I looked it up,because it confused me too and it's pretty much a name change.
          https://www.craftsyhelp.com/hc/en-us...-Bluprint-FAQs

A couple of months ago one of my banks changed their name. Kauai Comm. Fed Union to Gather. Gather? Everyone is still calling it KCFU. I don't see the point.
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

If you purchase the class for $14.99 you will own the class forever. If you get a Bluprint subscription for $14.99 a month you can watch as much of everything as you want, and download the class materials, but you will not own anything forever. When your subscription ends you can't watch any more.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                Thanks Denise. Sounds like a subscription isn't for me. I doubt I'd be watching even one a month at $14.99 I'd rather pick out what I'd like and have it available for life....particularly if I can get them on sale for a good price :-) I hope I can still get this feather one on sale when my SS check comes in on the 3rd.
                Have you subscribed (free) to Angela Walters Youtube channel? She gives a lot of free classes there. Also Angela Hoffman at APQS has some nice tutorials, also free.

Angela Walters
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0p...2DSwn8Se32TnNQ

Angela Huffman
                https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...fman+quilting+

whirlsnswirlsquilting
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU5...TaeO9xulOa5PKg

Easy feathers:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMbpDSaCYRk
                Last edited by Vonnie; August 29, 2018, 07:32 AM.
                Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                  Go back to the email. At the very bottom in small print it will tell you when the offer expires. If the date is past the third try calling customer service and see if there is anything they can do. Their customer service used to be very nice.
                  Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitches23 View Post
                    Most likely,they will bill you automatically after the free trial unless you let them know (in writing) that you no longer want this service after the trial or end date. Be sure to include your acct number and other pertinent info when you request a stop payment. There is probably a "date" you have to let them know by in order to stop the auto billing and not be billed for the first month.
                    Thanks for the info. I went back to the site yesterday, signed in and went to my profile. Found the 'Manage Subscriptions' under my profile name. Sure enough, they had me subscribed for a year using my credit card info. They had a date for when the first payment would be automatically billed. I cancelled my subscription from there. I also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
                    Last edited by sew-what2015; August 30, 2018, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                      TI also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
                      Canceling your credit card will adversely affect your credit score. Your credit score effects the rates at which you can qualify for loans and even how much you are charged for insurance products. This is because there is a very high rating factor given to how long the credit account has been open. A better bet is to call customer service to remove the credit card info, wait one whole day so the computer has time to roll over, then log back in and make sure the credit card info has been removed.

Comment

Thank you Denise. Yup it says expires on Sept 5. So I just make it under the wire :-)

Thank you Vonnie. I've watched things on her site but didn't realize she had a utube channel. I'll join that :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                          Canceling your credit card will adversely affect your credit score. Your credit score effects the rates at which you can qualify for loans and even how much you are charged for insurance products. This is because there is a very high rating factor given to how long the credit account has been open. A better bet is to call customer service to remove the credit card info, wait one whole day so the computer has time to roll over, then log back in and make sure the credit card info has been removed.
                          Denise, I will do that. Very kind of you to offer the information. I am not very savvy when it comes to such matters. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sew-what2015 View Post
                            Thanks for the info. I went back to the site yesterday, signed in and went to my profile. Found the 'Manage Subscriptions' under my profile name. Sure enough, they had me subscribed for a year using my credit card info. They had a date for when the first payment would be automatically billed. I cancelled my subscription from there. I also found a section that tells you how to remove your credit card info but it didn't work for me. I kept getting...'an error occurred, please try again'. Will try again today. I am probably paranoid, but if I can't get it removed, I am thinking of going to my bank and canceling my card.
                            Agree you should definitely not cancel your credit card. You can get this information removed from their files. If the automated screen doesn't work, call the customer service line for Bluprint and take care of it that way. Then wait a day or so and check the page again to make sure the agent makes the changes. If you still can't get it removed write them a snail mail letter. It should not show up on your credit card statement after it closes. And if it does, having followed these steps and taken notes about dates you tried, who you spoke to on the phone, etc, then call your credit card and report the charge. They should "investigate" and remove it from your bill. They will get it done for you if you can't get Bluprint to fix this. I have had problems with charges in the past like this, and my credit card company issues an immediate refund to my account and then "investigates". They let you know by US Mail when the investigation is concluded and the outcome. So you can relax and be assured that you won't have consequences.

I knew there would be changes at Craftsy after they were bought by NBC Universal, but so far I am not impressed. I feel they have dumbed down the amount of content in the courses and generally went for the glitzy approach. Guess what, I don't care about network tv and how they operate. I just want to learn a skill. Also, they have changed the way they pay their instructors and instructors' incomes are cut practically in half. Yesterday I learned they have laid off 17 people from the ecommerce side of Craftsy, so I guess they will be phasing that out eventually. I'm not impressed, but I am sad because I bought the courses in good faith with their promise that you could ask questions of the teachers at any time. Now the teachers who won't accept 1/2 pay are leaving, and those classes are "retired". No teacher involved any more, although the class doesn't disappear for those who already bought it. I shouldn't be surprised, because I did know that Craftsy lost money and was funded by venture capital before being sold to NBC. And NBC tried something like Craftsy twice before, and both times the companies failed. So I think we are in the middle of this drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                              Agree you should definitely not cancel your credit card. You can get this information removed from their files. If the automated screen doesn't work, call the customer service line for Bluprint and take care of it that way. Then wait a day or so and check the page again to make sure the agent makes the changes. If you still can't get it removed write them a snail mail letter. It should not show up on your credit card statement after it closes. And if it does, having followed these steps and taken notes about dates you tried, who you spoke to on the phone, etc, then call your credit card and report the charge. They should "investigate" and remove it from your bill. They will get it done for you if you can't get Bluprint to fix this. I have had problems with charges in the past like this, and my credit card company issues an immediate refund to my account and then "investigates". They let you know by US Mail when the investigation is concluded and the outcome. So you can relax and be assured that you won't have consequences.
                              I was on live chat today and had my credit card info removed. It took less than a minute to have it done. I also had a copy of the chat sent to my e-mail. I must say, the agent was very friendly and got it all done 'in a flash'. I was impressed as I figured they would try to get me to leave the info there or to give another credit card number. I checked the site and the info has been removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X