Shipshewana IN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipshewana IN?

DH and I will be driving through IN on HWY 20 in a few days, do you have any recommendations for quilt shops in the area. I am told that it is in the Shipshewana area.

Beth
    Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Re: Shipshewana IN?

Beth, If you are driving there are a couple of shops that you can route to. In Shipshewana there are 2 - and I love going to Yoder's. This year their row by row has a die cut treadle machine. Here's a link to a row by row PDF with addresses and their row pictures.

https://rowbyrowexperience.com/wp-co...18-Picture.pdf

Edited to add: Note that Elkhart and Middlebury are off 20 too. In Shipshewana watch out for the Amish buggies and see if they have a map of the quilt trail in the area. Barn quilts and a garden planted like a quilt block at a restaurant was really fun.

Have a safe trip! See you in Hamilton soon.
    Last edited by Judy, USMC; August 5th, 2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

"The Cotton Corner" is right in Shipshewana. They are also an APQS dealer, which is where my husband and I went to order my Lucey at the APQS Road Show. Great quilt shop! Lots of beautiful fabrics. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

The two biggest ones are Yoder’s and Lolly’s. Lollys is inside the Davis Mercantile which is a really neat building to explore the other shops as well. Enjoy! I live about 45 minutes away from Shipshewanna.

Comment

My husband and I went through there in April. I had no idea at the time about the quilt stores there. I absolutely loved Lolly’s. It’s a really big, beautiful store. We didn’t have much time and after continuing on our trip, we really regretted not spending the night. But it was a Saturday and we would have had to stay over until Monday. I think it would have been worth it!

I think you’ll love it there! Would love to hear what you thought when you get back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2pandc View Post
            The two biggest ones are Yoder’s and Lolly’s. Lollys is inside the Davis Mercantile which is a really neat building to explore the other shops as well. Enjoy! I live about 45 minutes away from Shipshewanna.
            And don’t forget to visit “Lolly’s Downstairs”, which is on the bottom floor of Davis Mercantile - it’s where Lolly’s has all their sale fabrics. I’ve not been there in a couple of years, so hopefully it’s still there - GREAT deals!!
            Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Working...
            X