X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claire Hallman
    replied
    Re: Oh how I obsess!

That is fantastic. I love your fabrics and how you placed the Singer name.
    You are right about stick on velcro, it is not for fabrics but works OK [not perfect] on hard surfaces. It will gum up your needle if you try and sew through it.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

What an amazing, beautiful, incredible, terrific, incredible creation. I am in awe of your creativity!

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied

Very pretty carry case and accessories. I am certain Joy will not be embarrased to go out with friends.

Leave a comment:

• PrettyCurious
    replied

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
    Wow! What a beautiful machine and those "accessories" are really creative and stunning!

Never heard of a "99" before. It look a lot like a Featherweight. Is it about the same size?
    A 99k is a 3/4 sized machine, straight stitch only, and takes a class 66 bobbin. Joy is from 1934. Some later models have a reverse. Side by side with the 128 [donor of the spoked handwheel] it is smaller. It is not light weight by any means. Just more compact. I think that's why they are popular. More compact and uses a regular bobbin. and of course ALL metal.

I wanted to sew outside, and I needed to be able to carry it with one hand. Pretty sure I nailed it!

Leave a comment:

• Mimi_Howard
    replied

Dressed for success! Beautiful outfit!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

That one's got my name on it! Joy lol

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Sew, sew, sew....oy yoy yoy...All I can say is wowsers! Incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

That is absolutely A-MAZE-ING!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied

That's amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Wow! What a beautiful machine and those "accessories" are really creative and stunning!

Never heard of a "99" before. It look a lot like a Featherweight. Is it about the same size?

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Shame on you for giving me ideas. I have a 99 that is sitting patiently for grooming attention. I've been contemplating stripping her case, but I think she'd look lovely in a new dress with a cosmetic case to match. A girl just can't have too many accessories.

Leave a comment:

• PrettyCurious
    started a topic Oh how I obsess!

Oh how I obsess!

Awhile back, I converted a Singer 99 because I couldn't justify spending $250 for one.
    Then to make it truly portable, I began to accessorize.
    I think I am done now,
    or at least until I get more velcro
    Singer99 Dressed To The Nines!
Working...
X