Coping Strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping Strips

This was a new term for me, too. Preeti tells us all about coping strips and shows her latest quilt. https://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com...d-by-mari.html
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Coping Strips

Fascinating! And "coping strips" is a perfect name for these. This has literally opened up my mind to a whole new avenue of thinking. Thank you, Sylvia and Preeti!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I've done it, just didn't know what they were called. Nice quilt!
      Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Its also a new term for me and what a fantastic idea.

Comment

I didn't know this had a name...I have always called it 'fudging'.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Didn't Jenny do a tutorial doing something like this cutting up a panel? She didn't call it that though.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

It's great to learn a proper term for this useful work around. Who doesn't have orphan blocks that don't play nicely with the other orphans? Ok, well maybe it's just me lol. Sashing is indeed not the right term and I promise not to use it when coping strip would be clearer in the future. Thanks Sylvia and Preeti!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Didn't Jenny do a tutorial doing something like this cutting up a panel? She didn't call it that though.
                I don't know the answer to your question. Perhaps someone else will know. It seems that some people have been doing this, without having a specific term for it.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

hum...I've been coping orphan blocks for a while. THis is good to know that its a term and not just a work around

Comment

Ahh, a new term for quilt alteration.

Comment

Working...
                    X