X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrettyCurious
    replied
    Re: Is this a good deal on batting?

Yes, Judy. I had such a hard time trying to buy it that I shut my computer down and called it a night.
    This morning, I tried again, picking different stores as "my store" finally I realised I wasn't logged in, so I logged in again, and it was still in my cart. Being cheap like I am, I pulled up a coupon on my phone for $15 off a $75 purchase, and it let me apply it. I was able to check out for $63 including tax. Yay!
    Still better than driving to one.

Leave a comment:

• kayj
    replied

How does this compare to warm and natural cotton batting?

Leave a comment:

• The_Last_Unicorn
    replied

The Joann website is notoriously awful. I've heard/read so many horror stories about orders that take weeks and weeks to ship, come with missing/wrong/ broken items, and wild goose chases trying to get anything solved through the customer service line. I would never order something from their website. Not sure why or how such a big company would have such a poorly run online presence. The physical stores can have some great deals, and at least when you shop in person you get the product right away and can see its condition.

Leave a comment:

• Judy, USMC
    replied

I had a bad experience around midnight last night. I clicked on the green flyer ad and the batting came up with an "Order Online" tab. I clicked on the tab and it took me to the order page. It said there were none available at the local store but shipping was available. Loaded the cart with 1. Went to check out and it said the quantity exceeded what was available. Hmmmm...

Backed out and tried it all again ... same thing happened. So I did a search for Fairfield batting and it came up as NOT available for shipping.

So I went back to the Ad page and started all over again ... Yes ... in stock available to ship ... until it came time to pay for it.

Now this was on top of the wild goose chase I went on last week looking for an Everything Mary rolling sewing room. They sent me a list of shops and the inventory of those totes the shop had. Called all 12 shops ... NONE of them had it. Sent Customer Service messages about both problems and got a very respectable brush off.

Never did deal with them online much. And the nearest place is 40 miles away. I think I'm done with them for a while. Off my soapbox now!

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

Wow, that's an even better deal! I'm guessing that I got a smaller flier and not-as-good coupons because I hadn't shopped at JoAnn's in quite awhile.

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

I got mine this morning, ordered it, found I had $15 off a purchase of $75 or more, and just got a msg that I can pick it up (I said I wanted to pick it up at local Joanns). Sew...with tax...it comes to just over $65. Picking it up tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

Originally posted by The_Last_Unicorn View Post
    I got a flyer for the next JoAnn sale and they will have cotton batting by the bolt (90"x20 yards) for $75. I could get six queen size battings out of that! The brand is Fairfield Toasty Cotton. Has anyone used this batting before?
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I got my JoAnn flyer, and the Toasty Cotton wasn't listed. But I went to JoAnn's today, and they had TWO left. The rolls were in one of those great big giant cages, so it was probably full this morning, the first day of the sale, and by this afternoon they had just one sealed bag and one opened bag.

I feel so lucky, and I owe it all to you! I'm almost to the end of my last Warm and White roll, so this was perfect timing for me.

Leave a comment:

• Deegles
    replied

This is the batting roll I purchase and wait till it goes on sale to get it. Usually to get it I have to go online and have it shipped.

Leave a comment:

• PrettyCurious
    replied

I bought the Toasty 100% cotton when I found it on clearence in "twin" packs [2 tiwn sized pieces] for $15, figuring I had very little to lose. I found it easier to stuff under my domestic machine, because it seems to be drapier than The Pellon 100% cotton I usually buy. I bought 2 [all they had], and used all 4 of mine all up, and would buy it again. $7.50 per quilt, and it quilts nice? Heck yeah!

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

I've heard good things about Toasty Cotton. So it looks like a great deal to me!

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

I received a sales flyer from Joann's with a really good deal on a bolt of batting & called to verify they still had it & asked if one could be held until I got there, said they would. Went to store right away only to find no, didn't have it & salesclerk said JA doesn't do that, had to go to another JA got the bolt & manager said yes Joann's does do a "hold" for 3 days. Got my bolt but had to travel approx. 60 miles altogether to get it. Had to have it cos I didn't have enough to finish quilt I was working on.

Ticks me off that they don't get enough in to cover sales & often what I need can't be covered in a percentage off total purchase. Maybe they need to reevaluate the way coupons & sales are done.

IMHO.

Gina

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I've found, that if they don't have it in stock in store, that you can get the manager to either order it or tell the main customer service that they don't carry it and you can order it on line. Like it that way better, you don't have to carry it out of the store and into your home and they pay shipping to have it delivered to your doorstep. Win-win.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied

Dang, I better go thru today's junk mail to see if uI got that flyer.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

Yes, its a good deal. If they have it in stock when you go. That is the problem I have with Joanns here is that when they run the sales, either what I want is on sale and doesn't qualify for the coupon or it is not in stock.
    Connecting threads runs sales pretty often on batting at 30% off and sometimes offers a $10 off at the same time on orders over a certain amount. Those are my favorite.
    Walmart also has some good deals on batting

Leave a comment:

• The_Last_Unicorn
    started a topic Is this a good deal on batting?

Is this a good deal on batting?

I got a flyer for the next JoAnn sale and they will have cotton batting by the bolt (90"x20 yards) for $75. I could get six queen size battings out of that! The brand is Fairfield Toasty Cotton. Has anyone used this batting before?
    IMG_20180731_184335787.jpg
Working...
X