just have to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just have to share!

Other than DH's that likes "anything that's neat" (and trust me that is not ME)...LOL I have no one around to share my thrill for finally getting to that dreaded job of getting my fabrics in order once again...
    A few years back some people around this forum encouraged me to do it and i got my sewing space into some kind of working order... FF about 3 or 4 years and i have to admit that it has been wonderful for getting things done.. I make at least one quilt a week, but am very bad at "putting fabrics back"...
    Yesterday i pulled it all out and re organized.... Job well done!!!! Yey... ME... GBwork of the day.jpgfabric arrangement.jpg
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: just have to share!

Perfection
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

You have now inspired me. Thank you! As I mentioned in other thread, lost my job yesterday and checking myself into sewing rehab, so I think petting and folding pretty fabric is a good starting mental point.

Comment

Congratulations. I too have my fabric organized like you but am also had about not taking care of it when projects are done and the left over fabrics get piled on a corner of my table. I have to do better.
        Wendy
        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Oh , can you come to my quilting room & do mine? Purty please! I'll feed you & give you chocolate and, and, well I'll think of something else really good. LOL! Your hard work is looking so great. I'm guilty of a mess while I'm quilting & don't put things back either.

Sigh.

Gina

Comment

Seems to be the summer for re-organization, lots of that going on around the forum! Congrats, it looks wonderful and as my X-DIL would say "looks like a mini fabric store"!

Now that I too have all my fabrics refolded and organized, it's my goal from now on as soon as a finish a top to put all left over fabric away in a neat and organized manner. And if I'm working on multiple projects, each project has it's own container so that all the pieces are kept together and not scattered around the room. So far...So Good (of course it's only been a few weeks )

Comment

Wow, mine does not look like that!

Beth
              Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

There is no better "re hab" sewing and this forum have gotten me thru a LOT))) Hugs, GB
                Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
                You have now inspired me. Thank you! As I mentioned in other thread, lost my job yesterday and checking myself into sewing rehab, so I think petting and folding pretty fabric is a good starting mental point.

Comment

You go girl
                  Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                  Seems to be the summer for re-organization, lots of that going on around the forum! Congrats, it looks wonderful and as my X-DIL would say "looks like a mini fabric store"!

Now that I too have all my fabrics refolded and organized, it's my goal from now on as soon as a finish a top to put all left over fabric away in a neat and organized manner. And if I'm working on multiple projects, each project has it's own container so that all the pieces are kept together and not scattered around the room. So far...So Good (of course it's only been a few weeks )

Comment

Here is a hint... I take all the scraps from a quilt (cause the colors work) and make zipper bags out of it until it's nothing but TRASH... any other is cut into 1-1/2" strips for a scrap quilt i have planned... (of course now i need to sort all that by colors, it never ends)... lucky i have a drawer full of zippers to use up too... Are you getting the picture....hahahaha

Comment

It looks amazing! I've been working in my room and found a lot of stuff I'd forgotten I had!
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

GMA Babs, What a great idea to make little zip bags from the quilt scraps. Use up the scraps and take a break and make something small with instant gratification. Think I'm going to try that. Sewing room is half way clean, My biggest downfall is after I buy yardage, instead of putting it in the appropriate container, I leave it in the bag and put it on a shelf anywhere that it will fit. Does make for a big mess when I'm looking for new fabric. I need to do better.

Comment

Well so far on my first day of "rehab" I have ...
                          1. Admitted to myself I am a fabricholic
                          2. It is okay NOT to love them all (Batiks bully me!)
                          3. Admitted I have misused fabric (NOT ABUSED) just misused.. once again the Batiks.. usually end up as linings in my projects
                          4. Found fabric I forgot I bought...
                          5. Bought fabric that blinded me with its beauty.. still waiting on it to TALK to me about how to use it.

Comment

Way to go girl!!!!!!!! Looks great. You have inspired me to do the same.
                            sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Splendid job. And thanks for the runner.
                              success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                              Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
                              X