Trade tarrifs and quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trade tarrifs and quilting

Japanese made fabrics are really nice quality. Unfortunately if you live in Japan, they are price higher than if you bought it in the US or Canada. Never understood that one.

I have been avoiding any products / food made in China. I know it's almost impossible, as prices are sooo cheap, but so are their standards.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

IF it means more jobs and more being made here (big if), then the short-term inconvenience of higher prices will be worth it. Change is always uncomfortable. But the only way people here will be able to afford to buy anything is if they have a decent job...
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/FaintlyArtistic
      https://www.pinterest.com/FaintlyArt...shed-projects/

Comment

We were talking about this in the quilting group I attend. Many are using up their stash and others and asking others in the group if they have a certain fabric they need and buying from one another. Fabric in Canada is so ridiculous right now....this week I purchased from a LQS 1 meter of fabric with unicorns so my 12 yr old granddaughter can make a pillowcase....with taxes, it came to over $20 Cdn.
        Makes it hard to purchase fabric and still enjoy this wonderful hobby.

Comment

I was just at the linen store in town and pillowcases were plain white, regular sized and USD $14.99, So just think of the memories you are making with GD as buying one with unicorns would be ever so hard to find. She will remember the unicorn pillowcase forever, especially if she helps make it.

Comment

Working...
          X