Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help

Hi

I just got back from the quilt shop and I bought material for my daughters handbag that she
    wants me to make.

The front is the dark green with horse fabric as pockets. And the sky fabrics is the lining with the light green as inside pockets. And the very dark brown fabric is to be handles.

My problem is that she wants pockets with a lid on the front. how do I do that ? and there will be a buttonhole in the lid to.

And she want a sunken zipper to close the bag and the interior pockets is to be closed with velcro.

So any tips on good youtube videos on how to make pockets with lids and installing sinken zippers. ?

Any tips or tricks are welcome.

I was so happy to see that my quilt shop has Angela Walters fmq rulers! I bought the one called Slim.
    That is the one for straight lines.

Can not wait to try it out. ( Elbows . Heal up faster )

I wish you all a very happy midsummer holliday !

Here is a little info about midsummer holliday

https://www.routesnorth.com/planning...mer-in-sweden/

Enjoy
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: need a little help

I can't help you about the handbag. But loved reading about the Midsummer. Very interesting, I hadn't heard of it. You have a lovely Midsummer. !

Comment

Do you have a pattern in mind, or are you also looking for one of those?
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

For the pocket ... that would be called a flap....https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=pocket+flaps

Zipper pockets...https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=zipper+pocket
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Mister Domestic has an inset zipper tutorial. You might find some of the other things on his you tube channel too.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
            Do you have a pattern in mind, or are you also looking for one of those?
            Hi

I have no special pattern in mind. Thought I make a panel and fold it up like the letter U and then do the same with the lining.
            Similar to the charm pack bag Jenny has a tutorial on. An then box the corners.
            sigpic

And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              Thank you Hulamoon. I will check them out.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                Mister Domestic has an inset zipper tutorial. You might find some of the other things on his you tube channel too.
                Thank You

I will check him out.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi! Check out Sew Sweetness on youtube. Sara Lawson has lots of purse videos that might help you-esp. with the zipper. Good Luck and Happy Midsummer Holiday!
                  Every great human achievement is preceded by extended periods of dedicated, concentrated effort-Brian Tracy

Life is not a rehearsal!

Comment

Working...
                  X