Metro Pro Thread question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro Pro Thread question

After a discussion here on what threads people use with their LA's I decided to try two different threads.

I purchased a Glide wt40 and a Metro Pro Thread. The Metro Pro is listed as Big at 5000mm per cone. No where on the site or the cone I got can I find the weight listed. It seems pretty fine. Does anyone know what the weight of the Metro Pro Big cones are?
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Metro Pro Thread question

I googled Metro Pro thread. It shows that it's an embroidery thread, 40 wt., 100% polyester, to be used with embroidery machines. I have not heard of this thread. There sure were some pretty & bright colors shown.

Comment

I got it in the silver color. Had a very high sheen to it. It just looks thinner to me then the Glide Shell color I also got listed as wt40. I'll try them both out today on the LA and see how it goes :-)
      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

On the Metro website at the very bottom of the page under Tags it says it is a 40 weight polyester 120/2.

Here is a writeup from their Facebook page on the difference between their types of thread

The difference between the brands in our website is the tensile they posses. Metro Classic is average tensile thread. It works perfect in home embroidery machines or machines that go up to 600 stitches per minute. Sigma is Medium- High tensile, it works on both home base and professional embroidery machines that go up to 800 stitches per minute. Then comes Metro Pro/ Elo and Glide. These threads are High tensile professional embroidery thread. They can go up to 1000 stitches per minute in both home base and industrial machinery . The difference in Price between them is that Metro and Elo are manufacture in china and Glide is made in the Us alias the price. But in the end thread choice is up to the costumer, their needs and those of their machines
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Wow Denise, a lot of info there. Thank you very much.

Since the Pro goes for the higher stitch speeds I would think then it would do well for my LA? I'm trying it right now on my machine for a small piece I'm doing. So far it's working real nice. I'm almost finished with the piece.

After I do a small piece with the Glide, if it also works real nice I'll probably switch over to that even with the price increase over the Pro. I also like to use made/produced in US where ever possible and the price increase isn't all that much compared to what I'm using now. Still quite a bit cheaper. And I do like the colors.

Denise would the Pro also work well as embroidery bobbin thread or do I need to go to an even lower weight for that? Same question for the Glide :-)

Comment

Working...
          X