Block Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block Magazine

I just received the new issue of Block Magazine. I am not happy. It is done beautifully and the children are just precious, but, I the whole magazine is devoted to baby things. I am beyond that period of my life. I just do wall hangings and wall quilts. I think this issue should be a separate one, like the Modern Quilts.

Re: Block Magazine

Several of those patterns could be adjusted by size or fabrics to be used for adult quilts. Sorry you're disappointed.

Comment

It always seems like someone you know is having a baby, or there's plenty of charities out there to give handmade quilts to newborns. I think the issue will be useful to me even though I prefer to make bed quilts...maybe it would be fun to have some small projects that are quicker to finish. The patterns are still quilt patterns, after all.

I do feel annoyed sometimes when quilt pattern books are "padded out" with things like bags, stuffed animals, etc. I'm less likely to buy those.

Comment

I wish I would get mine

Comment

Still waiting on mine to. But I don't have a problem with the baby issue. Like Joy said.....they can be adapted to another size. Besides, someone's always having a baby!
          💫 Star lover

Comment

Hopefully I'll be getting mine soon. I make charity baby quilts so this issue will benefit me. I like making smaller quilts these days. Sorry you are disappointed.
            sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

I download all issues but passed on this one.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I was thrilled they devoted an issue to baby quilts! Gives me such pleasure to make and donate them.

Comment

Originally posted by BevW View Post
                  I think this issue should be a separate one, like the Modern Quilts.
                  I can see your point of view. But like the others, I'm always looking for inspiration. And after looking at some of those quilts I can see them being fairly easy to make in larger versions. If you look at it that way it isn't strictly for babies (and I agree they are cuties.)

Comment

I received mine yesterday. I think its nice to have a variety of patterns and sizes of quilts to choose from. As others have said you can always adapt the patterns to larger sizes.

Comment

Nobody can please everybody all the time. Personally, I'll be glad to have some baby ideas since there are a lot of babies being born at church!
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Did you receive the "blue" one or the "pink" one? Jenny mentioned there were two colors on the cover. You didn't know which color you would receive. ow fun!

Comment

I got mine yesterday and appropriately, I got the “boy” one (since I have 5 sons). I don’t have any babies to sew for anymore but, as others have pointed out, you could enlarge any of the quilt patterns. I really did enjoy reading the story with each of the patterns.
                          Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

This is one of the reasons I opted out of the subscription....I purchase just the Block bookazines I want. Right now, I am anxiously waiting for the new Mod Block to be available....whenever that will be?
                            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

I love the new issue of BLOCK. There are some beautiful little quilts that would make lovely table runners, table toppers or pillows in addition to quilts. Sorry you are disappointed.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X