• Show
Clear All

Re: Block Magazine

Gaga, I got the 'Blue' copy, too.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm still waiting for my paper copy.......sigh. I do like something more than the iPad to hang onto. But it should be here soon......just in time for....spring!
      💫 Star lover

Comment

I got the pink Block a couple of days ago. I just looked at it this morning. Our guild makes baby quilts to donate so this issue may be handy for ideas for that project.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I have never gotten one. Now I am curious to check it out. Do the paper ones have actual patterns to trace or cut out?

Comment

Originally posted by tsladaritz View Post
            I have never gotten one. Now I am curious to check it out. Do the paper ones have actual patterns to trace or cut out?

Generally they are just full written patterns featuring quilts made from the video tutorials. Occasionally there are patterns for quilts not on a tutorial. The most recent Block features baby quilts and some are appliqué.....those patterns are included with the Block magazine. Most of the patterns featured in the current Block have no tutorial to go with them.

Hope that helps!
            💫 Star lover

Comment

No babies in my future to sew quilts for either but these would make lovely wall quilts and they all are easily adapted to a larger size. My cover is pink.
              Rescued is my favorite breed.

Comment

Ya I just received my copy, it's blue. So my question is... does the pink one have different patterns in it?

Comment

No, I think they're all the same....just different color covers! On the app, it shows both covers, same inside.
                  💫 Star lover

Comment

Squeal! Just got my BLOCK in the mail. I think it is a good resource for those who can never think outside the box for baby quilts. I think my favorite quilt in the entire issue is the Starry Night one. I would use my perl cotton and quilt a scene on it - that is if I ever get around to doing it. Love my BLOCK.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

There are no babies in my future, either. I received my issue with the blue cover today...I doubt I will make any of them, but I might reference a couple of ideas for a larger quilt.

Comment

I received mine yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with how many patterns I liked. Many of the quilts use just one charm pack, so they would be great stash busters or for using those random DD charm packs I've been collecting.

Comment

Got mine yesterday too....blue cover. I have 4 GS......3 GD.

So the time frame from receiving the issue in the app to the actual paper magazine is 1 week....or there about.
                          💫 Star lover

Comment

I got mine issue yesterday, but not a fan of this one. I have subscribed for about a year, so I have plenty to keep me busy for awhile. I think I'll stop my subscription and only download issues if something really catches my eye.

Comment

Depending on the next issue, I will probably not continue getting this magazine. If I see a magazine on the newsstand and it does not have quilts in it that I would be interested in making, I don't buy it. I really believe that this should have been a special issue offered by itself. I really don't care that other people think that the quilts in this issue can be modified. I would rather have quilts and wall hangings that I can use as such.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                                Nobody can please everybody all the time. Personally, I'll be glad to have some baby ideas since there are a lot of babies being born at church!
                                Weird. Where I live people tend to go to the hospital for that.

Still, must liven up services!

Comment

Working...
                                X