• Show
Clear All

Free-Motion Challenge Quilting Along Week 2: Meandering and Echoing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFLCKXuKGY

Enjoy
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Free-Motion Challenge Quilting Along Week 2: Meandering and Echoing

I'm going to check this out. I love Angela Walters videos.

Thanks for posting.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks, Annika. I got the email this morning with Week 2. I am almost finished making the challenge practice quilt. Hope to have it done today. I'm glad I have all week to watch the video and practice before Week 3 comes out I am hoping this challenge helps me progress in my FMQ
      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Is anyone else following along on this challenge? Wondering if any have made the practice quilt? I bought the kit, and am making it now. Directions say the blocks square to 13 1/2 inch...No way mine came out that big. Mine squared to 12 1/2 inch and I really didn't have to trim that much off. I followed the directions, but my quilt will be a couple inches smaller each way. Just wondered if anyone else made their quilt, whether from stash or the kit?

Comment

On the facebook page someone said the 13. 1/2 was a misprint. and It should be 12.5
          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I almost shot my dinner through my nose when she mentioned trying to not pee our pants. I think I'll learn lots from this series.
            Barbara

Comment

I made the quilt and my squares were also 12 1/2 inches. I also had a lot of fullness after attaching the triangles. This will not be a go to pattern for me, lol.
              Trisha
              Coram Deo

Comment

I'm planning on just doing practice squares. I don't need to make another quilt... especially since my MIL's friend asked for one on facebook... of all places, not even in a private message.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Thanks to those replying. I do not have FB and so could only wonder if (and hope that )I had not done something wrong in my piecing. Thank you. Guess a couple of inches each way doesn't really matter. FINALLY got my quilt sandwiched. HOPING that tomorrow I can start the FMQ.

Comment

I too only am making squares.
                    KPH, I believe I would tell your MIL's friend that she is # 29 or some such number and say you hope she doesn't mind waiting.

Comment

Working...
                    X