• Show
Clear All

Free-Motion Challenge Quilting Along Week 1: Getting Started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHEO_rCAqus

It is time !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Free-Motion Challenge Quilting Along Week 1: Getting Started

I guess I'd better get busy and get my practice squares together!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I always feel that you can learn something even from an entry level class if you keep an open mind, so I signed up too and I'm excited about it. I really enjoy her videos and commentary as she stitches, and I have a feeling these will be even more detailed. I put together together the pattern she posted from my stash, and now I need to find something to use for backing. I want to use the finished quilt as a wall hanging in my sewing room. I hope my work is good enough that I will enjoy seeing improvement and not cringe when I walk in the room!

Comment

I can hardly wait to get started! I put together the quilt from my stash fabrics, DH helped me sandwich it last night and I am ready. I do have the rulers, ordered them a few weeks ago, have been playing with them a bit but not enough to say I am ready for a big quilt. Hope this helps with that!

Beth
        Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I'm going to try it too.

Comment

I want to do this. I ordered the practice quilt kit....but haven't heard a word about it being shipped. I might better get some practice quilt squares put together but I really wanted to use the one I make from the kit.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Thank you, for the information. I too want to try this!

Comment

What is this and where can I find out information? I'm dying to learn to quilt on my machine instead of a LA.

Comment

Here is the link to Angela's blog post. She has all info listed.
                  http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/2...uilting-along/
                  I plan to quilt along and am looking forward to it. It is probablely as close as I will get to taking one of Angela's classes, lol.
                  Trisha
                  Coram Deo

Comment

I just got word today that my quilt kit is IN PROCESS..a shipping label has been created. Maybe it'll come in time for me to CRASH sew and sandwich!
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I have taken some of Angela's classes on Craftsy and follow her on Youtube. She really is a motivating instructor. I am going to quilt along with a sandwich I made from orphan blocks.

Comment

I'll make up some squares also because I really don't want to start another quilt right now. I'm doing a baby quilt and need to get it done and gone.

Comment

Working...
                        X