Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

If yes, what is your personal experience?
    I'd love some reassurance (based on facts and experience) before I hit the "Place Your Order" button.

Thank you so much!!!
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Re: Do you have a Juki TL-2010Q?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Mine has been perfect right from the box. I bought it sight unseen, just based on reviews. It's super fast and very reliable!

Comment

I have one. I loved using it even though I used it very little before getting a great deal on a used Aria from the cruise I was on. I hope to sell my Juki to a Floridian someday soon because I surely do not want to ship it.

I do not think you will be sorry. It is an awesome machine and sews beautifully. Great with FMQ as well.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I have one and I LOVE it! It's my main piecing and FMQ machine. The main selling point for me was that it had the largest space to the right of the needle that you can get before having to spend several thousand dollars. The space between the bed and the arm of the machine is also quite tall, and the head of the machine is tapered and sleek so you can really see what you're doing when FMQing. The only real detractor to this machine is the needle-threader, which is finicky to use.

The Babylock Jazz has a bigger workspace (12"), but there's no needle-down function and it can't do as many stitches per minute compared to the Juki 2010Q (1000 vs. 1500).

The Juki has a fast, strong motor. It's a very solid machine. The Brother PQ1500S appears to be a twin to the 2010Q and you can get it for a few hundred dollars less. It also has very good reviews. Singer also makes a lower-priced mid arm, the S16, but it's currently out of stock on the Singer and Amazon sites.

Comment

I have its predecessor, the Juki 98E. I love this machine! It's the most powerful and reliable sewing machine I own. Both the 98E and the 2010Q arestraight-stitch only machines, so please be aware of that before you buy. If it's just your backup piecing machine, then I think you'll be really happy with it. After all, the fewer bells and whistles, the fewer things to break.

One more thing: the 98E needs to be oiled after eight hours of sewing. I don't know if the 2010Q does or not. I know this need to oil frequently bothers a lot of people, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Good luck, and let us know if you buy one!

EDIT: Here's a review that says a lot of things I agree with:
          https://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/re...juki-tl-2010q/
          Last edited by GuitarGramma; February 9, 2018, 01:27 PM.
          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I have the TL 2010 for piecing and regular sewing and the TL2000 on a frame for quilting. I've had them over 4 years...no problems with either one. I think they're very good, solid straight stitch machines.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I love my Juki. Bought it 3 years ago. I have done FMQ on 3 queen size quilts on it. Sews beautifully. No hesitation on bulky seams.

It does need to be oiled, but that only takes a minute. It has the speed control, which I really need.

I did have one problem with my machine. Though it's "mechanical" there's a circuit that controls the bobbin winder, a safety switch. That failed. Juki tech guy sent a new top piece to me overnight and then walked me through changing. Only took a few minutes. No problems since.

I hope you let us know what you decide.
              Diana Grey

Comment

I loved that machine. I had it on a grace frame for a long time. I gave it to my daughter when I received the Juki 2200 TL. Mine was a work horse and one thing I loved it would go over thick seams with no problem. A drop of oil ever so often on the bobbin case and brush out the lint and she was happy. I was going to keep her but my daughter ask me or rather begged for her.

Comment

You can't go wrong with that machine. I love mine.

Comment

I have the 2000. Love it!
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I just got one at Christmas and I'm so glad I did. I just love it! I've been practicing my FMQ on it and I feel it is really helping me improve. I also did some piecing on it. I think its awesome.
                      Tracie

Comment

I have had mine for three years and love it!! I do all my quilting on that machine and have had no issues.
                        Janet

"You cannot use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."

Maya Angelou

Comment

I’ve had mine close to 3 years and still love it. Makes a beautiful straight stitch, sews over anything, and I’m also using it for FMQ. Yes you must oil it, but that’s hardly a burden. It’s not temperamental. The main learning curve is adjusting the tension for FMQ. I got some extra feet inexpensively such as piping and cording feet. Recently I started ruler work, and the Juki ruler foot is excellent.Dont hesitate to commit to this workhorse, but be warned that it is so speedy it spoils you for other machines.

Comment

I have had mine for just over 12 months and love it. My Bernina 710 has a longer harp space but the extra height in the harp space of the Juki is brilliant....I feel that the Juki handles quilts much more confidently than my 710. It's a good, no nonsense mechanical machine that suits me to a tee.
                            The only critcism I have for it is that the walking foot that came with it was woeful; just shocking. I ended up using a different brand walking foot with it after reading on the facebook group. Juki sent me a replacement walking foot after I contacted them but at this stage I haven't tried it yet as I like the other foot so much!
                            Last edited by just4me; February 10, 2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I also have one. Really like the machine. Heavy duty and very straight-forward to operate.

The one small problem is that it has less feet available than the PQ 1500. Juki has finally put out a line guide for the walking foot. It's odd, pricey, but it works. I also bought Juki's ruler work foot. Prefer it over the Westalee. Also pricey. They have a gadget to stop the pedal from auto cutting. Easy to put on and take off. Having the foot cut threads is nice for piecing, but can be a nuisance doing FMQ.

Some high shank generic feet will fit the Juki. Open toe foot works, compensating feet will work, too.

Allbrands has some of the feet so you can decide if and what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X