Do you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you?

Just been reading a book by Natalie Fergie ' The sewing machine' ( no spoiler)
    although fiction, the book got me thinking so thought would ask.
    when you sew a project, do you record any details in a book and keep with the sewing machine used?.

Re: Do you?

I do keep a journal with my projects. I keep small scraps of some of the fabrics, or labels of the precuts, sketches of the blocks, measurements. If I made the pattern larger than the original, I'll have the increased size measurements.

I don't keep it with the machine as such, it's in my sewing room which is close enough I guess.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

No, but that is an intriguing idea!

Comment

I have never really been a recorder of my projects. Little notes maybe. But this year I am using the Quilters Planner and want to get in the habit of writing down what I do. Not sure why yet, but if it helps my memory any, that will be a good reason to continue.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I don't really ... have a composition notebook with a few chicken scratch in it regarding quilts and who I would like to make them for; also have some labels and receipts included for finished quilts (definitely not all of them); and I have started a receipt folder for all quilting expenses for this year. Just am curious how much I spend ... maybe it's better not to know!

Comment

I have pictures of most of my quilts/tops, as they are usually donated.
            I wish I had written down the pattern name and fabric for each of them.

Comment

I don't keep track but I do take pics of what I make. When I saw what you were asking it reminded me of a mystery book series I am reading. The one woman in the book likes to solve mysteries which almost always involve quilts. In the books she always logs everything about the quilts she is working on.
              Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I do keep an excel spreadsheet listing all my works in progress complete with pattern name, fabric description, size and date that each step was completed, ( if I outsource the quilting, I include that person's name), as well as who (and when) it was gifted or donated too. At the end of the year, all the completed projects are moved to a separate page for that year, then printed and put into a binder with the pictures of each of the quilts.

I don't reference what machine I used though, as all my quilts are pieced on my Singer 201, and I only use the other machines for applique or embroidery.

Comment

No, I don't have a book. I do take pictures. That is a real interesting idea.

Comment

I have pictures, but I wish I had done a few notes never thought about it before , sounds very interesting.

Comment

I am a picture taker... and record on the back of it the fabric and block names. Sometimes the date I started & finished..
                      Not a real accurate record, but it is better than not recording anything.
                      Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

I keep a binder with plastic sleeves containing a picture, scraps of fabric, pre-cut labels, the pattern if I used one, a copy of my quilt label, notes, receipts (maybe I should destroy the evidence). During the year I just stuff it all in a folder and that's my New Year's day project...organizing it all.
                        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I have a binder style note book with plastic sleeves that I keep pictures, and notes on each project in.
                          No matter which machines I use, the binder stays on the shelf.
                          I add each project as they are finished when I put the stuff away to make room for the next project.
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I photo document all that I make. Or at least try to. Only notes are if I increased or decreased a size.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

Well years ago (about the time of my first quilt) I bought a "journal." It was made for quilts, but not really a journal. It has envelopes with info printed on the front. You fill in whatever you want, include photo, fabric samples, etc. there's a pocket to store patterns, etc. it came in a binder. I bought 2. They are full and are no longer made. So I'm gonna have to figure something out.

💫 Star lover

Comment

Working...
                              X