FYI SPARROW QUILT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI SPARROW QUILT

Just wanted to let y'all know about this. I struggle with free motion quilting, and I'm tired of stitch in the ditch. Sparrow quilt offers templates and a foot that you simply follow the template. I saw a video from quilt market 6 months ago, saved up and ordered 1/1. 3 weeks later I received 8 of the templates. I have received many emails with promises for the other 2 templates....it's been a month and nothing. You can't use templates without the foot so it looks like I'm out $150
    This is a Canadian company, but they drop ship from Norcross ga. Which is 50 miles from my home. These templates are a good idea, but the customer service is non existence. Buyer beware
    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Re: FYI SPARROW QUILT

I hate to hear that, I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

I've never used templates, so I'll ask my dumb question... can you use your darning foot with it?
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm sorry you haven't received the ruler foot or the other 2 templates. Very annoying to say the least, to have paid for something and then only to receive part of the order, and yet you still can't even try out the part you did receive.

Comment

Not a dumb question Katrina, but no, the way the templates are made, you have to use their foot. I finally got a response to many emails and a phone call to canada....they say it will be in tomorrow's mail. We will see. I truly hate this has turned out like this, I've been really looking forward to using this. I took my birthday money to buy it lol. Teaches me to order from any place other then here, I simply could only find items from this company. Have fingers crossed
        Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

Comment

Hopefully, they will provide you with a shipping/tracking number.

Does the company use FB, etc? Sometimes a post on their page about the issues will get you faster results. Good luck with your order.

Comment

Saw these at our Phoenix Quilt Show/Expo last friday. The lady who created them was there demonstrating..... so sorry to hear of your trouble getting the products. They looked very interesting and I almost got some of them.

Comment

Hopefully you will get them soon and be able to practice with them next week. The video did make it look easy.

Comment

They are on FB - saw their ad there just this evening . . .
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Yep, they are on FB....I've been looking at those things the past week but have not had the energy to go up to the sewing room to measure what type foot I need. Also, I was waiting to see if they were going to be at SewExpo. I have the other brand, and I think that foot would work with these templates as well. I like how these work better I think.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

That sounds very frustrating and disappointing! I hope they come thru for you ... if you’ve seen them on Facebook I’d make a comment there ... that might get customer service moving.
                    Life ain’t always beautiful
                    But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                      Yep, they are on FB....I've been looking at those things the past week but have not had the energy to go up to the sewing room to measure what type foot I need. Also, I was waiting to see if they were going to be at SewExpo. I have the other brand, and I think that foot would work with these templates as well. I like how these work better I think.
                      How odd, I've been seeing a lot of their videos on my FB feed too. I would think the other brand, it would work Pat

Comment

I placed an order for 2 of these templates on Dec 27th. Still have not received them. Have been told they would ship in a week, then when that week was up told would be the following week. Then they were due in on Monday and would ship Tuesday. Waited til Thursday to again contact them. Actually received a shipping # after that. The problem was it was a preshipping notice. Tracking after another week never changed from preshipping. Now they say they will ship them from their Canadian shop. I am truly sorry they can not get their business in better order. Do not sell what you do not have in stock. Should be a simple concept.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmaE View Post
                          I placed an order for 2 of these templates on Dec 27th. Still have not received them. Have been told they would ship in a week, then when that week was up told would be the following week. Then they were due in on Monday and would ship Tuesday. Waited til Thursday to again contact them. Actually received a shipping # after that. The problem was it was a preshipping notice. Tracking after another week never changed from preshipping. Now they say they will ship them from their Canadian shop. I am truly sorry they can not get their business in better order. Do not sell what you do not have in stock. Should be a simple concept.
                          I would post something on their Facebook page to get their attention. Sorry you are all having problems with this company. Not a good way to do business that's for sure. I just checked their page and you are not the first ones to complain.

Check this out:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sparr...h=669#lpqa=d,2
                          Last edited by Monique; February 3, 2018, 06:02 AM.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I've noticed many things that are on the Sparrow page are actually made in the USA, and are available through their manufacturer. I was at the Martelli booth at a quilt show in the fall and purchased the rotary cutter (which I hate), the slotted ruler, and the cutting mat (the same one she uses on Sparrow demonstrations. Martelli is in Pensacola and you can order directly off their website. I will say I'm very disappointed in the rotary cutter I purchased from them. I wanted those quilting guide rings, but luckily I didn't buy them. They don't stand behind their products at all. They had me send the cutter back and they put in a new screw and fan piece and sent it back to me with extra parts and blades. At first it cut better, but now it's gone back to skipping threads, etc. I've changed the blade following their video instructions and it doesn't help. So, I'm now going back to use my other cutters. I've also seen those yellow rulers with the sliding guide on a website here in the states. Probably faster to get them that way too, but don't know if I've seen the templates anywhere else. Valuable lesson learned for myself. Stick with what I know works.

Comment

Update; I finally received the rest of my order, 43 days after I placed the order. I haven't had a chance to try the foot and template, but honestly I think they will work nicely. Too bad because if I like them I certainly would have purchased more from them in the future. So I am glad I bought so many LOL.
                              Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

Comment

Working...
                              X