• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enabler Alert - Singer Featherweight with Table

What a beauty!!

Comment

Oh that is a great deal. A featherweight, a case, AND a table. And they look to be in great shape too.

Comment

I contacted them and was making arrangements for pickup because they would not hold it until I got there ... had not paid yet. There was another cash offer that came in and they paid with PayPal right away. By the time I got the pickup arranged and back with the seller they had committed to the other buyer. If that falls through I'm next on the list.

Bad timing on my part ... so if anyone has another lead now or in the future ... please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Judy, USMC View Post
          I contacted them and was making arrangements for pickup because they would not hold it until I got there ... had not paid yet. There was another cash offer that came in and they paid with PayPal right away. By the time I got the pickup arranged and back with the seller they had committed to the other buyer. If that falls through I'm next on the list.

Bad timing on my part ... so if anyone has another lead now or in the future ... please let me know!
          There was one with a table here a couple months ago for $500. It surprised me. If it shows up again I'll let you know.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

And she is mine- thanks to Mom23 being an enabler! I contacted them Saturday and with the intention of going Sunday, but the weather was bad. My sweet hubby drove 3 hours over and picked it up today. It was a retired couple and his Mother bought her new in 1957 ( they had a copy of the check still!). His moms name was Wanda- , so that is her name and she is beyond pristine, as well as the case and table.

Comment

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
              And she is mine- thanks to Mom23 being an enabler! I contacted them Saturday and with the intention of going Sunday, but the weather was bad. My sweet hubby drove 3 hours over and picked it up today. It was a retired couple and his Mother bought her new in 1957 ( they had a copy of the check still!). His moms name was Wanda- , so that is her name and she is beyond pristine, as well as the case and table.
              Oh you lucky Lady! I am green with envy.
              Although I'm sorry for Judy missing out, I am glad that this beautiful machine went to one of our forum members.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                Bubba - road trip would be fun, but sadly can't take the time this time of year.

Sumner has some fun antique shops, did you find anything else interesting?
                Love antiquing in Sumner! I bought an iron bed there.
                sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                  Oh you lucky Lady! I am green with envy.
                  Although I'm sorry for Judy missing out, I am glad that this beautiful machine went to one of our forum members.
                  Yes, I hope Judy doesn't hate me, I think she must have contacted them shortly after I had my conversations with them! My DH said the couple said they had a lot of inquiries, one from NC, and I told him I thought that might be one of the forum buddies. I know we will all be keeping our eyes peeled for her to find one!

Comment

Originally posted by tamsterg7 View Post
                    I know we will all be keeping our eyes peeled for her to find one!
                    No hate here - happy a forum buddy got it! Appreciate you being on the lookout for another one. My first email to them was at 4am Sunday. Guess I should have called ....
                    Last edited by Judy, USMC; January 9, 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Here's another for y'all: https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fo...377750173.html
                      It's more expensive and not as pristine, but someone might be interested.

And another: https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cl...386510404.html
                      Last edited by snippet; January 9, 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snippet View Post
                        Here's another for y'all: https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fo...377750173.html
                        It's more expensive and not as pristine, but someone might be interested.
                        Wonder why the photo was dated Feb 2011 ? And with no case either ... it'll probably be available a bit longer. Thanks for the link.

Comment

There is a case shown in the 5th picture or so, Judy. Are you specifically looking for a featherweight in a table or just a featherweight? Sometimes my sewing machine guy gets them in, cleans them up and sells them for a decent price.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

Working...
                          X