Done With My Fabric Cabinets..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done With My Fabric Cabinets..

I have been working to organize and make sense of my fabric cabinets. Today I finished them and now I have to go on to closet and the sets of drawers I have all over the room full of stuff. Here's what I did:

Door1.jpg Door2.jpg

Door3.jpg [/ATTAC [ATTACH=CONFIG]149012H]

Door5.jpg Door6.jpg

This is why I want to try not to buy any more fabric for a while. Behind what you see in the front there are rows of fabrics wrapped on comic book boards also. I see one of the pictures didn't post and one posted twice. It's probably better not to try to put this many pictures in at one time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; December 29, 2017, 03:18 PM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Done With My Fabric Cabinets..

You have been busy organizing. Isn't it a good feeling to be able to see all your fabric . It looks really good!
    Teresa
    Pelham, Alabama
    War Eagle!!!

Comment

I love those cabinets...they seem to be the perfect size for folded yardage, and those drawers must be so handy for all the small stuff we collect.
      Michele
      ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~

Comment

Tune in next week for the second episode of "True Confessions of a Fabric Hoarder".

(That does NOT mean that I'm going to show mine - although I just finished straightening up from the pre-Christmas throes).
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Can I come shop at your "LQS" ? Wow! That is a STASH. Great job organizing, though.
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Lookin' good, Barb! It's always a satisfying feeling to get organized. You've got a nice stash of JRs there. Lots of fabric to keep you busy for a long time. I'm really going to concentrate on reducing my stash this year. I have so much beautiful fabric just waiting for me to make something out of it. I have so many ideas running through my head, so many patterns on my bucket list, but alas, I seem to have so little time to do what I want to do. Little by little, I'll get 'er done.

Comment

Wow Barb! You have been busy. I think "someone" may be addicted to jelly rolls.

Your storage cabinets look great with all those pretty fabrics.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Wow, you have been a busy little quilter! I can imagine the satisfaction you feel when you look at that organized stash.

Beth
                Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

This looks awesome Barb! But really, you're not kidding us. This is all just an excuse to get in there and pet and touch and feel and smell and admire your stash, right? I mean, that's how I do it! "Uhhh....I'm going in to clean my sewing room and do a little organizing". I toooooooooootally understand ***wink wink***

Side note: My niece just discovered quilting this Winter, I've shared a couple quilt kits with her and have a sizeable bag of fabric going to her this weekend. When I was texting with her to tell her what I was sending she said "Oh! I love my fabric stash! Sometimes I just go downstairs to look at it and touch it! Is this NORMAL?" LOL!
                  sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Wow, you've been really busy! I think we could all come shopping at your stash store.

Want to tackle mine?
                    Katrina
                    From NC, retired in FL
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow that looks amazing!! I’ve been in the process of moving and can’t wait to set up my sewing room so I can start sewing again.......

Comment

I keep saying that I'm going to organise my stash, the only think is I start sorting through and veer off into dream land where all my stash is sewn into beautiful quilts with interesting designs - not going to happen I fear!!

Comment

How pretty! I'm pretty organized now except for two HUGE boxes of misc stuff. I've been dreading it. I'm taking down Christmas this weekend, so maybe next week. Very inspirational Barb!
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I also have a closet full of fabric to organize. I have a friend who just became a quilter and I have a huge bag of precuts to take her.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I'm out of town now - but you have inspired me to do more organizing when I get home. Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Working...
                              X