Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost

How can you lose a pattern between the basement cutting area and up stairs in your sewing room. Frustrated!!

Re: Lost

I can lose stuff on my desk and not even move!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Like when you look at your empty hands and say... where did it go, I just had it in my hands... This is so true of my seam ripper, stilleto, small scissors and MOST often the clear plastic cover to the bobbin. Every time I go to put a fresh bobbin in I have to feel around for the cover, one would think I would put in on the sewing extension table to the left of the bobbin area, but Noooooooooo I place it on a scrappy sewing pad and it gets camouflaged every time!

Comment

When you figure it out, let me know. I swear things walk off as soon as I set them down.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by Claudiaj View Post
          How can you lose a pattern between the basement cutting area and up stairs in your sewing room. Frustrated!!
          It happened to me. I also couldn't find a tape measure today despite the fact I have at least six.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
            Like when you look at your empty hands and say... where did it go, I just had it in my hands... This is so true of my seam ripper, stilleto, small scissors and MOST often the clear plastic cover to the bobbin. Every time I go to put a fresh bobbin in I have to feel around for the cover, one would think I would put in on the sewing extension table to the left of the bobbin area, but Noooooooooo I place it on a scrappy sewing pad and it gets camouflaged every time!
            I put dab of nail polish om my bobbins.

Comment

Most often I find it somewhere in the pile of cut fabric. That's after I've retraced my path back to the cutting area and looked there including in the yardage I just cut from.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                I can lose stuff on my desk and not even move!
                I can do this, too!!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Happens all the time. I have a pattern for a fleece hat my hubby and son love. It just 2 pieces and whips up fast. I made a bunch but my son wanted another. Do you think I could find it? I have the habit of NOT putting pieces back in the envelope when done. I searched for days and months on and off ripping everything apart to find it. Finally went online to see if I could find the pattern and rebuy it. What do you think as I looked at patterns online something triggered a pattern I had in my head. I pulled out the pattern draw checked the pattern and sure enough it was there. In the pattern envelope was the hat pattern just like it was suppose to be. Guessing because the pattern wasn't for the hat it was a bonus to the pattern, it was not highlighted and I kept overlooking it. Now that pattern is marked bold in sharpie best hat ever. LOL
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Happens more than should be allowed! Drives me nuts.......

Comment

I especially hate it when I have looked everywhere and finally, I find it hiding in plain sight! It's like gremlins are moving things around!
                      Vonnie

Comment

It's a special skill that we quilters have. LOL!
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Check the refrigerator. LOL
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels.
                          When someone
                          break's our wings
                          we will continue to
                          fly...usually on a
                          broomstick.
                          We're flexible like that.
                          - embroitique

Comment

Oh and it is scary, isn't it with all the talk of Alshimer we all worry we are losing it. But its so refreshing to know that it is normal. I find my mind wandering and then I try to even remember what I was thinking about and I spend the day trying to remember what I waswanting to remember. lol

Comment

Just order a new one and I guarantee you’ll find it! I lost a book of quilting patterns and knew if I ordered a new one I would find it. Yep!! The morning after I reordered! It was under a piece of fabric. Thankfully I was able to cancel the new one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X