Irons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irons

I am in the market for a new iron for quilting. I am thinking of getting a steam station - perhaps a rowenta. What do you think? Would this be a good move? Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Irons

sorry - don't know much about irons but i am thinking about getting one of those cute little ones from darice - Are they are worth it?
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I have had poor results with Rowenta irons. In my experience, I have had several, they sputter and leak.
      B

Comment

I have a mid-range Rowenta and I've never had a problem with sputtering or leaking. It's about 6-7 years old and still works as good as the first day I bought it.
        Michele

Comment

Just curious but did you get one? I just have a Sunbeam but since I'm a little clumsy I'm always looking to find out if it's worth it for when I buy another one! I haven't dropped this one yet... well it's fallen but It's never actually hit and broken, let's clarify.
          To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I will have to say that I am thinking about adding a dry iron to my collection. I love my Rowenta...but I find myself doing more dry ironing these days...
            Michele

Comment

I bought a Rowenta and love it! It's the best Iron I have ever owned.
              Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Ooo high praise! I must go look now!
                To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

After 3 Shark irons since December, I purchased a new Rowenta. LOVE IT!!! I have had a couple in the past, but I forgot how wonderful they are! Nothing steams like it! SuzyQue

Comment

Rebecca: Irons

I had a rowenta iron but it was a mid-range priced model. I got a good deal on it at "Tuesday Morning." I didn't have it for very long before it just stopped working. Considering the price they charge for the Rowenta irons, I would have to say you could probably do better for the money. I have never had very good luck with the steaming feature on irons. I keep a spray bottle filled with tap water sitting on my ironing board and use it with the best results. I would definitely check out on-line reviews and maybe check "Consumer Reports." My husband bought a Phillips iron (never heard of it before) and the steam setting on it is working fine with no leaking or sputtering, however, the iron is brand new. Will be interested to see if it continues to work well.

By the way, I made Jenny's ironing board. Simple and fast and I love it. I'm in an apt. in London for a couple of years and leaving the ironing board up in my room takes up sooooo much space. " The Jenny Board" sits at one end of the table I use for cutting and the mat cutter sits at the other end. Perfect. It took no time to make. I used an MDF board I had left over from a previous project and I made my insert out of cotton batting. I used leftover polycotton fabric that coordinates with my bedroom decor for the pillowcase that covers the batting. Great idea for an ironing board.

Another tip, I used bed risers to raise my folding table. It's a lot easier on my back since I don't have to lean over the table as much.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I just bought an Oliso Smart Iron and it is the best purchase I ever made. It's got weight to it, I don't have to stand it on it's end, it has a super long cord, it has excellent steam, it doesn't drip, it's fabulous!

http://www.oliso.com/

Heather
                      🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

I have had my Rowenta iron for about three years and it is as good as new to this day. Many of their models are quite heavy and I didn't feel I could comfortably use one but did find a lighter weight one. It works like a charm.

In past years, I had trouble (eventually) with each and every iron I owned, many different brands. So, I'm very happy with the Rowenta.

Comment

I recently bought a Shark and I love it. It is heavy but I love that fact. I also love the shot of steam which I have never had before in my Black and Deckers.

Comment

What Shark iron did you buy? I have two friends that have one and they like there's. I am in need of a new one. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Home, heavy duty, or professional - how did you decide which one to purchase?
                              Originally posted by Heather1967 View Post
                              I just bought an Oliso Smart Iron and it is the best purchase I ever made. It's got weight to it, I don't have to stand it on it's end, it has a super long cord, it has excellent steam, it doesn't drip, it's fabulous!

http://www.oliso.com/

Heather
                              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                              X