I don't understand sarcasium at quilt shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't understand sarcasium at quilt shop

Write it down.send it snail mail to the owner. If no one calls to appologize, stay away. If the owner calls or writes, accept the appology and continue your support

Comment

With an attitude like that it wouldn't surprise me if you would not have liked the way she did your quilt if she had had it. So you are twice blessed :-) I just can't see how her attitude being like that wouldn't bleed into her work too. Pretty nasty. I also can't believe she only had two color threads to choose from. Geeze, part of the fun is picking out the thread color and the pattern.
      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
      Women are Angels.
      When someone
      break's our wings
      we will continue to
      fly...usually on a
      broomstick.
      We're flexible like that.
      - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Spring Bird View Post
        Linda, I am glad that you found someone to quilt for you.
        go back to the quilt shop and find a private moment to speak the quilter away from earshot of others. Talk to her about how you felt rushed. In the future can you get your quilt into her line up and schedule a time later to discuss the pattern and thread.
        We never know the challenges that others are facing each moment.
        I, too, am not confrontational so I struggle with how to respond sometimes. Also, I’m not quick on my feet with an “ear full”, when needed. However, I do think this recommendation is a great one. This way, you let your concerns known and you can put this behind you (whether you decide to giver her a second chance or not). Also, she may think twice about how she responds, if she knows how she is coming across to her customers. We never know the battles some are facing so I always try to give second chances. I usually don’t give third chances though.......

Comment

I agree with the others - I'd never darken her door again! Glad you walked out.

Comment

I am in agreement with those that say never darken their doorway again. Yes, we all have bad days, but when you work with the public, you don't have the luxury (for lack of a better word) to let what is going on in your personal life interfere with how you treat your customers. If you do, you lose business. And you should. So yep, I'm with all the others that say good for you leaving that shop with your quilt. In a very non-confrontational way you took your stand and made your point loud and clear! Good for you!!
            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Linda, I just went back and reread your post. You definitely did the right thing after being treated poorly.
              But there is a bigger problem going on here. I understand you talked to the quilter, who is super stressed this time of year, and is also doing the "take in form" for clients..??? The LQS should have someone that works in the store trained to do the intake info for the quilter. At this time of year she needs to be quilting and others should be doing the take in and pick up for her and let her work uninterrupted. They need to fix this. JMHO
              Trisha
              Coram Deo

Comment

OK, I just want to ask you, is it possible that she was referring to the number of threads available? "We could be here all day looking at thread" could mean "Good Lord, there are 200 colors and kinds of thread here...how can a person decide?" I know you said she narrowed it down to 2 choices, but she may have been showing empathy for you, trying to help you make a decision.
                Maybe I am just thick skinned, but is there any other possible explanation, other than the one you are feeling?

Comment

Linda,
                  I am so glad you didn't leave your quilt with that shop!
                  Sorry, but if I were you, I would call the shop and leave my phone number and ask that the shop owner call you. Give the shop owner a time line so that you have an idea when they will call you.
                  Having an attitude like that is unexcusable.......The shop owner needs to know about this....sure, it could have been a bad day for the employee, but that's no excuse. Customers are the businesses bread & butter ! A few more days with attitude like that and the business could be having issues with it's profit margin.

Trust me, I dislike confrontation.....I would much rather not say anything than to let someone know they upset me or hurt my feelings, but there's just some times when you have to let people know what happened.

Take care....and here's a big ((((HUG))) for you !

th5T2LY6JR.jpg
                  Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                  http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
                    OK, I just want to ask you, is it possible that she was referring to the number of threads available? "We could be here all day looking at thread" could mean "Good Lord, there are 200 colors and kinds of thread here...how can a person decide?" I know you said she narrowed it down to 2 choices, but she may have been showing empathy for you, trying to help you make a decision.
                    Maybe I am just thick skinned, but is there any other possible explanation, other than the one you are feeling?
                    No, she was being very mean to me. She had just gotten back from her vacation and didn't want to be bothered with a small quilt. She works in a very small room where her threads and longarm is set up and no she doesn't have that much thread going on. While she was talking hateful to me she was complaining about someone had messed with her threads (I guess referring to when she was away). Go figure. This is behind me and I'm not looking for excuses for her bad behavior. She lost a good paying customer and I don't think she really cares. I notice she doesn't work well under stress but that is still no excuse to bad mouthing a customer.
                    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

If she doesn't work well under stress,she might not have done a good job on your quilt anyway.

If you can, let the owner know. Maybe others have commented on her lack of professionalism. Depending on how the owner reacts, make your decision on whether to keep going back.
                      If you're ready to just put this behind you, keep going to the store but stay clear of the quilter.

And actually, this brings to mind something that happened to me last year. I found a new doctor and really liked her but was treated badly by her nurse and another staff member more than once during a medical issue that was pretty stressful. I really debated about staying with the doctor and thought about letting someone know about the treatment. I didn't do either. I went back in a few months and the other doctor in the practice had left , seemingly suddenly and not for retirement. (No one was talking about why). The unpleasant nurse was gone, too, and was replaced by a very nice and kind nurse. The staff member who talked about another staff member in front of me was gone, too. Just went back, seven months later and everyone was pleasant. So glad .I waited it out and that things changed for the better....

Comment

WhenI first got into quilting (about 5 Year’s ago), I went to a LQS closest to me. I was browsing the pretty fabrics when the owner came over and introduced herself. I asked where their fat quarters were. She said they did not carry them b/c no one buys them. Oh, I love them! Then she asked me what kind of machine I had. When I told her a Babylock, you could almost see her nose go up as she said (very snotty) I sell Pfaff. I left and did not go back.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                          She would have gotten an earful from me......
                          Bubba, sweetie, you are anything but timid!

I'm glad you took your quilt with you and took your business elsewhere.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I am so sorry about your experience. If is an employee or an independent quilter using the shop's equipment, I would probably call the owner and set up time to come in and explain what happened. She may not know how this person treats others and how it impacts her business. I definitely would not deal with that quilter again.

I really liked my LQS, but I have been there far too many times when another customer leaves, and then the owner and staff freely disparage the customer or the customer's work in front of me. I think that kind of behavior is just plain ugly, and I no longer choose to go there. To be honest, I like to quilt and knit as a kind of re-energizing and creative uplifting activity. I don't like being around gripers and negativity when I am looking for positive interactions. Everyone has off days, and hopefully the quilter was just having an exceptionally bad day that was one-of-a-kind (I had a different shop owner bite my head off several years ago, and when I went back to talk about it, found out that she had just had a cancer diagnosis, and a husband who said he didn't sign up for that, and we both cried over it for awhile). The only way the shop owner would know to start monitoring the situation is if she is made aware of it.

Comment

Working...
                            X