X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Project!

Hi

Now starts the Big Project!

My closest sister is turning 50 on the 5 th of February and I have decided that she needs a Whole Cloth Quilt !

So I have conned her in to make me a drawing of a lion head ( She is crazy good at drawing, ) I told her that I needed something new to practice sewing on. She bought it! Her last name is lion as married.

I will use the lion head as a center medallion and on the upper part I will quilt her nick name and on her hubby´s side his nick name.

I have decided to make 2 rectangular quilts that when finished I will join in the middle so it will fit their double bed.

That way it will be more manageable for me to quilt.

I have bought the fabric. Light grey for the front and light purple toward pink ish... for the back.

I have been drawing on paper to try to determent what I want to fmq. And this weekend I will start prepping the fabric, drawing center lines and other marking lines needed to center design elements.

I will post picture as soon as I have something to photograph.

I will relay heavily on you support and opinions.

Wish me luck! I might have chew down on something to big ;-)

Here are some example of design that I drew last night.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Swedish leo; October 20, 2017, 09:03 AM.
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: The Big Project!

Oh that sounds like it will be so cool! Can't wait to see pics!
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wow I have faith in you that you can do this! Your work is amazing and if anyone is is up to a challenge this big it would be you!! Good luck.

Comment

It will be amazing, no doubts about it!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

No doubts here. I KNOW you can do and do it well....even better than I could ever dream.
          💫 Star lover

Comment

You are an amazing artist as well as FMQ. I love number three. Cannot wait to see the end product!!!
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

What a big job you are undertaking! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I would not have the patience to FMQ any of those drawing designs. More power to you!

Comment

I love number 1......2.......3......4........oh my, you have tough decisions to make! I have the utmost confidence that you'll make it look fabulous!
                💫 Star lover

Comment

I like them all but especially the one in the top right picture.

Comment

Annika, You CAN do it....no question about that! Your possible designs are all wonderful.. You are definitely biting off a lot, but not too much for you. Good luck and can't wait to see your progress as you begin this new journey!
                    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I love the upper right for fmq. It’s gorgeous!

Comment

All his proyects are incredible and this too, I am sure that soon we will see this finished artwork, I encourage you can

Comment

Annika you are amazing. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Comment

You say you are making this for your closest sister so you must have others. Look out; they will be expecting the same. Oh you may have lots of work ahead of you. Think of it as a labor of love.

Comment

cant wait to see what your finished quilt will be. you always do beautiful work!

Comment

Working...
                              X