Jordan Fabrics' Iron They Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan Fabrics' Iron They Use

I e-mailed Donna yest. & asked about the iron they use. It really whooshes when they steam press fabric. It is a Rowenta ProPrecision steam iron with the water reservoir in the base, not the iron. So now you know.

Re: Jordan Fabrics' Iron They Use

Does anyone have this iron that can comment on it? Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Comment

I just purchased the Rowena iron steam station after contacting Donna at Jordan Fabrics--I asked how it held up in their shop and she said they were very dependable .... I LOVE it.....it doesn't automatically shut off, the water reservoir kept the iron at the ready for the 6 hours I was using it, the iron is dry until you push the steam button and then it gives out steam under pressure (my grandfather had a dry cleaner shop and it reminded me of the days I would play in the back of the shop listening to the irons watching the steam forms ironing the clothes--happy memories). My first quilt done with it has beautiful seams and they go in the direction I want---and NO LEAKING AT ALL.....I got mine at bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupon --it was $299 so I saved $60......My Oliso cost $169 and my Reliable cost $199 so for the price, it was well worth it.....it's made in France, not China. Mine isRowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron.
      Last edited by gshalom; October 16th, 2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

They are $299 on Amazon,but currently out of stock. Kathy
        sigpic

Comment

That iron looks amazing! I long for it during and after each video ... maybe one of these days ...

Comment

Just wondering - what didn't you like about your Oliso? Which one do you have? I have the yellow one and so far I love it.
            I am Sew Blessed!
            Alina

Comment

Did anyone notice that in last week's tutorial -- not Fri., but a week ago Fri. -- Jenny was using a weird shaped Panasonic iron? Her pink Oliso was back last Fri.

I can't justify spending that much for an iron. The last time I shopped for a new iron, I found a Black & Decker on clearance sale for $4.99. It's working just fine.

Comment

MY local quilt shop uses a couple of heavy Black and decker irons, that we all love to use when we are there sewing because they are so heavy, they do all the work for you. No steam neccessary.
                I have a Rowenta, with steam capabilities, but I'm not doing it. I'll stick with Best Press and Faultless.
                Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I have had 2 Rowenta's and they both leaked and did not last long. I LOVE love love my cordless Panasonic! best iron I ever owned and no cord to get in the way.
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

I just wish I could find an inexpensive, light weight iron that really heated. The newest one I bought that had all those qualities, is a dud. Kathy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gshalom View Post
                      I just purchased the Rowena iron steam station after contacting Donna at Jordan Fabrics--I asked how it held up in their shop and she said they were very dependable .... I LOVE it.....it doesn't automatically shut off, the water reservoir kept the iron at the ready for the 6 hours I was using it, the iron is dry until you push the steam button and then it gives out steam under pressure (my grandfather had a dry cleaner shop and it reminded me of the days I would play in the back of the shop listening to the irons watching the steam forms ironing the clothes--happy memories). My first quilt done with it has beautiful seams and they go in the direction I want---and NO LEAKING AT ALL.....I got mine at bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupon --it was $299 so I saved $60......My Oliso cost $169 and my Reliable cost $199 so for the price, it was well worth it.....it's made in France, not China. Mine isRowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800-Watt Eco Energy Steam Iron.
                      I smiled at your childhood memories ! My grandparents owned a Dry Cleaners. They started it two years before I was born and they closed it in 1976....so it was in business for 24 yrs. ( They were nearing retirement age is why they closed it. My grandpa was also a guard for the Wachenhut Corp. too)
                      Like you, I remember a lot of happy times being in the dry cleaning shop with my grandma & grandpa. The smells, you just don't forget. When I was 17 yrs old, my grandma took a job with another dry cleaner as a presser, and I worked there as well, learning to press pants etc. Nowadays, I take my clothes into a dry cleaner here in town, and when I go to the cleaners, the smells bring back all those memories being with my grandma ! She taught me how press pants,suit coats etc. She also taught me to make change, how to wait on customers etc....

Thanks so much for the memories ! Grandma has been gone since 1986( she died of a sudden heart attack), and Grandpa since 2001 ( he had dementia ) and I miss them so much. They were my mom's parents.

Dry Cleaner.jpg
                      Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                      http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
                        I just wish I could find an inexpensive, light weight iron that really heated. The newest one I bought that had all those qualities, is a dud. Kathy
                        I have this cheap Sunbeam Iron.....it has worked for 15 yrs...and it has been dropped a couple of times ( thanks to my cat Buffy knocking it off the ironing board ( when it was cold...not on ! ) ......
                        https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunbeam-C...-Iron/44682169

Have you tried these ?
                        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have had a Rowenta Steam generator for several years but it is my secondary iron. I do use it if I am doing a project that I will be working on most of the day, and also if I am getting fabric ready for cutting. I like mine and it does do a great job getting out stubborn wrinkles. It really does not get as hot as my Oliso but the steam is awesome.
                          Trisha
                          Coram Deo

Comment

Working...
                          X