Juki TL-2010Q Foot Pedal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juki TL-2010Q Foot Pedal Question

I've been reading the reviews on the Juki TL-2010Q and some are saying that they don't like the foot pedal because they are always cutting the thread by accident. Does anyone own this machine and have this issue? I have this machine on my "wish list" along with all the others I'm looking at but don't want to consider if the foot pedal is an issue.

I've also compared to the Juki TL-2000qi and it appears the only difference is the speed control on the 2010q. Is it worth the additional money for the speed control option or is the 2000qi easy to control speed with just the pedal? Thanks in advance for your input.
    Tracie

Re: Juki TL-2010Q Foot Pedal Question

I have the tl2010qi. While I have activated the thread cutter unintentionally a few times, it's not a problem for me. You press down with the heel of your foot to use the thread cutter. I've done it when I wasn't paying enough attention.

As to the speed control, I first purchased the 2010q, no speed control. I returned it and bought the qi. The speed control really helped to manage FMQ. And really, I just can't sew at 1500 stitches a minute. I leave love my Juki. Good luck.
    Diana Grey

Comment

I also have the TL2010 and unintentionally used the foot pedal thread cutter a few times in the beginning, but I got accustomed to it and it's not a problem now. I like the speed control as I tend to put "pedal to the metal" and the speed control helps keep me from getting too fast.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I also have the 2010q and love,love, love it. I think I hit the thread cutter once. It isn't a problem for me. There is a is a part you can order for the pedal to inhibit the cutter. It won't take you long to not rock back on the foot cutter regardless.

Comment

I have the 2010Q also. Love the thread cutter. Did have a small adjustment time. I find that if I sew without a shoe on that foot I seldom cut the thread accidentally but with a shoe on I do if more often. I have a better feel for the pressure without my shoe. I also like the speed adjustment.

Comment

Same for me....I have had one a couple years now and when I do cut the thread, it's by accident.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Being a man, my feet are pretty big and this thread cutter was a pain. The new juki 2200 mini comes with a piece that blocks this and it can be purchased separately and works with the tl series foot pedals..it is a piece of rubber that blocks the thread cutter from pressing down. I got it for $20 from ken’s....

Comment

Thanks for the info.! I've been really researching these different machines and your input has helped a lot!
                Tracie

Comment

Originally posted by gshalom View Post
                  Being a man, my feet are pretty big and this thread cutter was a pain. The new juki 2200 mini comes with a piece that blocks this and it can be purchased separately and works with the tl series foot pedals..it is a piece of rubber that blocks the thread cutter from pressing down. I got it for $20 from ken’s....
                  I've bought it from Allbrands. Love it.

I originally turned the footpedal sort of sideways.

Comment

I also had the Juki TL-2010Q one of my favorite machines ever. The foot pedal was not hard for me to get used to. I sewed for awhile on it as my main machine and then my DH put it on a frame. I gave this machine and frame to my DD when I got another. This machine is a work horse.

Comment

I've had the TL2010q for just over 2 years. I had no trouble whatsoever getting used to the pedal function. It just takes mindfulness and a focus on detail, but that's what I try for with sewing anyway. A few times I have been distracted and activated the cutting function when I didn't mean to. I mean a handful of times. I think it's about what type of sewer you are.

As long as you are evaluating you are going to hear about the walking foot issues. Take that stuff with another big grain of salt. Yes, there were manufacturing issues with one of Juki's suppliers of the walking foot. They acknowledge that, and Juki America is replacing anyone's walking foot with their serial number, as per the 5 year warranty. But the bigger issue is that from what I have seen and read on other sites, these complainers do not understand the machine that they have, and that they pretty much never need to use the walking foot at all, with few exceptions. This is a great machine, and the company and Juki America stands behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
                        I've had the TL2010q for just over 2 years. I had no trouble whatsoever getting used to the pedal function. It just takes mindfulness and a focus on detail, but that's what I try for with sewing anyway. A few times I have been distracted and activated the cutting function when I didn't mean to. I mean a handful of times. I think it's about what type of sewer you are.

As long as you are evaluating you are going to hear about the walking foot issues. Take that stuff with another big grain of salt. Yes, there were manufacturing issues with one of Juki's suppliers of the walking foot. They acknowledge that, and Juki America is replacing anyone's walking foot with their serial number, as per the 5 year warranty. But the bigger issue is that from what I have seen and read on other sites, these complainers do not understand the machine that they have, and that they pretty much never need to use the walking foot at all, with few exceptions. This is a great machine, and the company and Juki America stands behind it.
                        Yes, I agree that the negative reviews can be very misleading! Also, the ones that you mentioned are the ones that worried me about considering this machine. I've been looking at it on my wish list for months. Thanks so much for your help! I think this machine would be great since I can't afford the $6,000 Sweet Sixteen or Juki TL-2200QVP-S yet.
                        Tracie

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post

I don't read reviews unless I can find both positive and negative to make up my own mind.

A lot do understand the machine. It's the fact that if you are dealing with a large and possibly heavy quilt, keeping the quilt freemoving for freemotion quilting. I can work with it, I choose not to. I bought the rubber strip. There are plenty of household distractions that can make you forget. That doesn't mean you are a sloppy or inexperienced quilter or don't know sewing machines.

When I'm quilting, I'm dealing with trying to be careful and mindful about what I'm quilting. I want whatever I'm sewing to be as good as possible. I've gotten my finger twice. Once with a wing needle.

You are forgetting that a lot of people are being dumbed down and want everything done for them so they don't have to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracie T View Post
                            Yes, I agree that the negative reviews can be very misleading! Also, the ones that you mentioned are the ones that worried me about considering this machine. I've been looking at it on my wish list for months. Thanks so much for your help! I think this machine would be great since I can't afford the $6,000 Sweet Sixteen or Juki TL-2200QVP-S yet.
                            If you have been looking at all the OEM feet available, you might have noticed that there is an open toe fmq foot that faces sideways rather than sewing facing the machine front. Hope that is understandable. Depending on what size quilts you think you will be working on, that side foot might make a difference for you until you can get a bigger machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha O View Post

You are forgetting that a lot of people are being dumbed down and want everything done for them so they don't have to think.
                              Nope, haven't forgotten that for a minute. They never read the manual either.

Comment

Working...
                              X