Shriners update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shriners update

As hard as I try, I can't seem to get to that $10k number goal I set for myself!
    This week, I sold Carolyn's hoots quilt and I want to tell you that I am working hard in the restaurant and forgot to post pictures of the most recent donations. Thank you so much for all your support.
    Currently we are $8 away from $7000. I'll put a big push on this week and see if we can't get over the hump!

Re: Shriners update

Congrats on hitting the $7000 mark. If I recall that's close to what you raised last year after all the pre-sales, donations, and the raffle. I have no doubts that after the raffle, you will beat last year's fund raising! And even if you don't, remember it's not only about the money (although that is the goal), it's also about the love and joining of hearts and hands that has made this project a true success.

Comment

I'm with Caroline.... I LOVE being part of anything like this.. I just love making quilts and would never have a way to find enough people that would want them.... It thrills me that someone gets a quilt and something goes to help the Shriner's... Thank you for being the venue for me.... It's a LOT of work on top of your daily chores and I appreciate it,, as do the Shriner's I am sure) GB
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Terry, keep the faith! We may not know the need, but you're doing your best to meet the kids needs. Every little bit (and you, my dear do a lot a bit) helps.
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

$7,000! I think you are amazing and I know every cent is needed
          and appreciated.

Comment

That is an awesome amount already. Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

You should be so happy - that is $7,000 more than when you started! Thanks to you and to all who donated to help the Shriners. You have made the the world a better place by helping the children! Hope you meet your goal!

Comment

$7,000 wow! I also want to thank you for all you do. I don't know how you manage on top of running a restaurant, which is a 7 day a week endless job. You should be proud! And right now you must be proud and exhausted.

Comment

Got a call to come to the restaurant today. Someone wanted a quilt. Mimi Howard I think made the floral hey quilt they bought along with the other sock monkey of shelrocs. $200 more in the pot!
                  Then I sewed or rather free motion quilt it and I quilted for an hour and then I changed my bobbin and looked at the back and owe The Rat's Nest so I spent three hours taking it away away. Then I spend another hour free motion quilting and it's looking pretty good I've got that quilt about half done I'm really hoping to get it finished before Saturday thank you all for your kind comments but mostly for all of your wonderful donations there is no way in the world that I could have possibly done this this year without your help

Comment

In case you ever start doubting yourself again this year, I would like to remind you where you were exactly one year ago today.....

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=65996

Comment

I am not sure about a floral one... I think the last one I sent was the baby love one. I sew and and don't always take pictures. So glad another quilt sold and more $$$ for shriners.
                      Last edited by Mimi_Howard; September 25th, 2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                        In case you ever start doubting yourself again this year, I would like to remind you where you were exactly one year ago today.....

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sh...ad.php?t=65996

Aren't you the best to have pulled up archives. I'm a whiner aren't i

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                          Aren't you the best to have pulled up archives. I'm a whiner aren't i
                          Haha, you are definetly not a whiner, you are a total Winner!

Comment

I admire the wonderful job you do for the Shriners and your dedication to their cause. Haven't you already surpassed last year? I'm hoping 2018 is a better sewing year for me so I can help you some. Hang in there, Terry.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                              Got a call to come to the restaurant today. Someone wanted a quilt. Mimi Howard I think made the floral hey quilt they bought along with the other sock monkey of shelrocs. $200 more in the pot!
                              Then I sewed or rather free motion quilt it and I quilted for an hour and then I changed my bobbin and looked at the back and owe The Rat's Nest so I spent three hours taking it away away. Then I spend another hour free motion quilting and it's looking pretty good I've got that quilt about half done I'm really hoping to get it finished before Saturday thank you all for your kind comments but mostly for all of your wonderful donations there is no way in the world that I could have possibly done this this year without your help
                              Do you display and sell the quilts in your restaurant?

Comment

Working...
                              X