• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlie Wolf
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2013

Freezer Paper

I was reading in several sources that people use freezer paper for several things in place of stabilizers. Embroidery was mentioned, applique as well almost anything else a stabilizer is used for.

What are your experiences and ideas about that? I'm curious. I have a huge pack of freezer paper here I bought back when I got my freezer and never used it. :-)
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.
  • midnightline
    The Guild President
    • Apr 2016

Re: Freezer Paper

I have used it for foundation paper piecing and it works really well. Make sure you use a small stitch length so that it's easier to tear the paper away when you're done.

Comment

• jjkaiser
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2013

Its great for paper piecing. Peels off easily and leaves no sticky stuff. You can also use each piece a couple times and you can reposition it if you need to. I have also used it for making a quilt label. Write your label info on the freezer paper, iron on then embroider (I do by hand) right over the freezer paper, then tear it off.
      Jocelyn
      South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• amartin24
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2014

I use freezer paper to print my fabric labels. https://thegraphicsfairy.com/print-f...aper-method-2/
        I am Sew Blessed!
        Alina

Comment

• DeniseSm
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2013

I use freezer paper for foundation piecing. I fold the freezer paper at the sew line, and sew right next to the fold. So I am not sewing through the freezer paper. I keep my stitch length at the regular length (2.5) and there is no paper to tear off. I can do very intricate designs almost as fast as regular piecing but I do them with precision. All those Jinny Beyer designs hold no fear for me now. With my freezer paper I can do it.

I also use freezer paper for turned edge applique using starch. It takes longer than raw edge applique, but I think it is worth the extra time.

I also use freezer paper as a stabilizer on very large curved pieces. I fold the curved seam around the freezer paper on one piece and press it. Then I glue the two curved pieces together. Then remove the freezer paper, and sew the two curved pieces together. No tucks! and no pins.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

Are people also using it as the stabilizer for when they hoop their fabric to be embroidered in it?
            I've never tried the paper piecing, it looks so complicated to me but maybe some day :-)
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• snippet
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
              Are people also using it as the stabilizer for when they hoop their fabric to be embroidered in it?
              I've never tried the paper piecing, it looks so complicated to me but maybe some day :-)
              No, I don't. I use freezer paper for stuff other than machine embroidery projects.

Comment

Working...
              X