On my way to Missouri *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to Missouri *

Only 21 days until I visit Hamilton and I have the chance to visit Missouri *.
    I'm visiting from England to research co-located care ie nurseries based in residential care homes and am visiting Seattle and then touring Oklahoma for two weeks and then on to Kansas for two weeks. As part of the trip my very kind husband has agreed to drive me to Hamilton for the weekend.
    I plan to buy as much fabric as will fit in my suitcase and I have a very big suitcase!! Fabric is so expensive in the UK so I have saved all my money to spend it in the US.
    I'm so excited!!
    Lorraine

Re: On my way to Missouri *

What an exciting trip for sure! And what a great hubby!

Comment

Hoping you have a wonderful adventure!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a great idea.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

What a great trip
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Welcome to the US! Sounds like you have a great trip planned and a great hubby too. Enjoy your travels and your shopping.

Comment

It sounds like you will either be there for the Birthday Bash or during the Forum Retreat. Be sure and check in at the retreat center and see who is there are the time you are. A lot of will be in town at the same time as you!
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

I was going to say what Karen said. Looks like you will be in Hamilton during the b'day bash. You will have a great time during that. Lots of fun and games....more crowded than usual though. Some of us forum members will be wearing yo yo's on our shirts so be sure to say hi.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Lorraine,
                  Karen and Marilyn said exactly what I was going to say. The Birthday Bash starts on Wednesday night, September 20. Then Birthday Bash run Thursday through Saturday. The Fall Forum Retreat starts with check-in at noon on Sunday, September 24. Hopefully, I will get to meet you

Also wanted to tell you that MSQC always has some amazing birthday deals on fabric and other items so you picked a great time to come shopping.

Comment

I hope you have a great time in the Pacific NW....I live just south of Seattle and the weather has been pretty nice this summer. If possible, you may want to change the days of your visit to Hamilton, because if I remember correctly, the shops are closed on Sundays.
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Hope you are enjoying your trip to the US, You will Love Missouri Star. It will be sensory overload in a good way. Have a good time. There is even a place for hubby to sit and chill for a while in Mans Land. He will like that. Be sure to come back and let us know all about the fun you had.

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                        I hope you have a great time in the Pacific NW....I live just south of Seattle and the weather has been pretty nice this summer. If possible, you may want to change the days of your visit to Hamilton, because if I remember correctly, the shops are closed on Sundays.
                        You are correct that the stores are closed on Sunday. Missouri Star Quilt Company store hours are Monday through Saturday from 9AM to 5PM.

Comment

On your tour of Oklahoma, stop in at Prairie Quilts in Hennessey. It is the largest quiltshop in Oklahoma. While visiting my sister in OKC this spring we took a drive north of the city of about an hour. Lots of Kaffe Fassett, and much much more!!! I could only pack so much into my suitcases. Next year, I think I will have them ship my lovelies to Pennsylvania!

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                            It sounds like you will either be there for the Birthday Bash or during the Forum Retreat. Be sure and check in at the retreat center and see who is there are the time you are. A lot of will be in town at the same time as you!
                            Here's hoping you are in town when the retreat is happening! We would LOVE to meet you!

Comment

Working...
                            X