Best iron for quilting projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best iron for quilting projects?

Would appreciate advice about what iron I should purchase for my quilting. Are the expensive ones (over $100) really that much better?

Re: Best iron for quilting projects?

I don't think so. I had an expensive Rowenta that leaked all the time. My Black and Decker from the hardware store worked better. I have a Sunbeam now that gets super hot. Also a Panasonic cordless. I love both.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

The Panasonic cordless iron is the way to go. This iron changed my life as much as the rotary cutter. I will never go back to a corded iron again.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NI-...+cordless+iron
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Not Rowena. Had two. They leak pretty bad after just a short time. Oliso is good if you can get it on sale. I have the blue one, paid $50, like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
          The Panasonic cordless iron is the way to go. This iron changed my life as much as the rotary cutter. I will never go back to a corded iron again.

Agree 100% nothing more to add. If you get one you will not be sorry!
          This is the one I have and LOVE LOVE LOVE it
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have a Black & Decker that I've had for years and years. It works great for me.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I love my Panasonic cordless. Purchased on the recommendation of so so many other forum members.

I had a $200 Eurosteam iron that my mom gave me as a gift (purchased at a quilt show.) The thing stopped working as soon as the warranty was out, and it was way too expensive to fix. When they gave me the price to fix it, I told them to put it in the trash where it belonged. So No, the price of the iron does not make it better.

Comment

I like my Oliso, but I am in love with my Panasonic Cordless. Ceramic plate and a nice red color, also comes with it's own case. Usually you can find them on sale around $99.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a Reliable Velocity iron girl all the way. Have had mine for seven years now, gets darn hot and NEVER spits. Worth every penny, and if it ever breaks down, I won't think twice about buying another one.
                  Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

The Panasonic cordless with the ceramic foot plate is fantastic. I also have the Rowena travel iron for classes. Both work well.

Comment

DD just bought me an oliso for my birthday. I replaced the rowenta with it. Can't tell much difference both are good
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

I have a expensive Rowena.....and a cheap little Sunbeam that cost $12 brand-new......I use the cheaper iron ALOT....and I have never had any trouble with it. Nowadays these irons shut off after being idle for awhile, and I like that. My aunt had a fire in her home with I was about 8 yrs old.....Aunt Martha left the iron on, went to one of her kids ball games and when she went back home after the game she didn't have a house !
                        So, I like the idea that this cheap little Sunbeam works great !
                        th Garfield .jpg
                        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I have same one as Iris Girl.. like the cordless and one end being flat so it sits up like a regular iron. No need to put back in holder while you reposition fabric. Have rowenta that loves to spit... ole black n decker that just wont stop working, like an energizer bunny. And also a small crafting one.

Comment

I bought the pink Oliso on sale 50% off and I LOVE it. Heats up super quickly, auto-shutoff after 30 minutes so I have time to press, sew and press again. And you can actually "press" with it because it is so hot - no more going back and forth forever, or feeling like I need to push the iron down against the clothes/fabric.

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Howard View Post
                              I have same one as Iris Girl.. like the cordless and one end being flat so it sits up like a regular iron. No need to put back in holder while you reposition fabric. Have rowenta that loves to spit... ole black n decker that just wont stop working, like an energizer bunny. And also a small crafting one.
                              really!!!! - I have the panasonic cordless, but both ends are pointed.....will not stand up by itself....have to put it back in the charger between presses. Is the flat end a new feature - I' ve had mine about 2 1/2 years

Comment

Working...
                              X