All Jelly Rolls are not created equal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Jelly Rolls are not created equal!

First let me state, this is not a complaint, merely an observation. I ordered a jelly roll for a project and due to my miscalculation was a little short. Luckily I was able to order another of the same line. I thought it would be identical. Not so. There was quite a difference in the two even though they were the same fabric line. I picked out what I needed and will have no problem using the remaining, but was really surprised. I assumed that since I reordered the same item it would be the same. Lesson learned for me - never assume!

Re: All Jelly Rolls are not created equal!

Thanks....I would assume that they would be pretty much the same, but as I think about it, maybe not.
    I just purchased a Jelly Roll from MSQC and hope I don't run into the same problem !
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I've never ordered 2 of the same jelly rolls, but I would have thought the same as OP. Question is why if you ordered the same thing would they be different?? I'm interested to see the answers.

Comment

Were the colors off? It could have been a different dye lot. Or, even though it had the same name, perhaps they were from different years and the manufacturer used different fabrics in the line? Lecien Fabrics has a Princess Rose collection; the new fabrics are similar to, but not the same as, the old Princess Rose collection.

Comment

Just like buying yarn for a project, I search for the same dye lot numbers on a package. Dye lots of fabric can be very similar, but still slightly different.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I have found this to be the same in ordering multiple charm packs, same line, colors are the same but a different combo of the fabrics within the line. What I do not like is when I buy a pre-cut and there are multiples of some and the multiples are most often the "ugliest" fabrics in the line, not the cute one on top for sure.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I've noticed the ugly duplicate thing when I get multiple charms.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

I have only gotten 2 JR's at the same time, and they did match. Maybe this happens when there is enough of a time span between that you are getting different lots?
                I usually suppliment my jelly rolls with yardage. You will get 14 strips per yard. So I get one or two co-ordinates, and add them where nesseccary.

It's always the ugly ones that get dupicated. If you want to make blocks that take 4 matching charms, . . . you will get 4 uglies, and 3 pretties per charm pack. You'd want to order 2, but then you'd have 8 uglies. I get layer cakes now.
                Last edited by PrettyCurious; June 10, 2017, 08:13 AM.
                Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Originally posted by JulieC View Post
                  Were the colors off? It could have been a different dye lot. Or, even though it had the same name, perhaps they were from different years and the manufacturer used different fabrics in the line? Lecien Fabrics has a Princess Rose collection; the new fabrics are similar to, but not the same as, the old Princess Rose collection.
                  The colors were not off. Just different patterns of the fabric. The second one had more of one particular pattern and included new colors of other patterns. All still beautiful, they are the Peaceful Garden Jelly Roll, just different.

Comment

Working...
                  X