Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Shipping from MSQC ????

Hi Everyone !

I have a package being sent to me from MSQC.....and it's going to arrive tomorrow. It is coming from UPS...BUT....on the next page it says " SUREPOST"......doesn't this mean that the package is coming via USPS ( the US Postal Service ) instead of United Parcel Service ( UPS ) ?

Just curious who I am supposed to be watching for, the RED/WHITE/BLUE mail truck OR THE BROWN UPS Truck ? If it comes USPS, it won't get here until later on in the afternoon ....maybe even after 5 pm. If it's UPS....maybe it will get here prior to 12 noon.

IF you know.....please advise...I am really curious and can't wait for the Jelly Roll and small MSQC ruler I ordered !!
    Garfield .jpg
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: About Shipping from MSQC ????

Watch for your postal carrier. It's apparently the new thing. UPS takes it to your local post office and then the post office delivers. Which seems to take another day. Sure which it just came directly from UPS as our mail carrier is infamous for lost, destroyed anything and she dellvers after 5 everyday! And it's not because she has a heavy route. We I talk to her subs they all say she has the smallest route in the entire area. She just knows how to milk her job.
    💫 Star lover

Comment

My DS talked to his mail carrier recently about this. It was explained to him that UPS might have 1 or 2 packages to deliver in your area, and since the post office goes there everyday anyway, it is more economical to have the post office deliver. The problem is after UPS delivers it to the post office, it gets tossed aside and sorted whenever there is a slow day of sorting. Sometimes it gets sorted right away, and sometimes it can sit for up to a week or more.
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I sure understand your excitement to receive your package. Mine usually arrive by postal which is around 1 or 2. Only once did the brown trick deliver and it was later. I always see the brown truck in our area and it's always around 5. Enjoy your jelly roll and new ruler.

Comment

The UPS Surepost information has been very accurate for me. I'd recommend that you click on the tracking number you received. There is a Shipment Progress section which will tell you where the package is located. If it has been delivered to your local Post Office you should get it this afternoon. If it hasn't been delivered to the Post Office it may be delivered there later today (which means you may not get it until tomorrow) ... or UPS may bring it to you if they have other deliveries on your route today.

If you don't have the email notification from M* you can also find it by going to your My Orders page and then click on "View." Scroll down past your payment info to find the blue tracking link.

HTH - Enjoy your order!

Comment

watch the tracking information, it will state who will be making the delivery. UPS does make a note whether they will be delivering or have handed it off to post office.

Comment

Keep checking on the tracking number. I had a package that was transferred to USPS in Atlanta, but there was no confirmation of the transfer for 3 or 4 days. I contacted the shipper and the package was "found" in Atlanta by the end of the day and back on schedule for delivery.

Comment

Ditto what Judy USMC posted. I find the USP Surepost info is always accurate for me. My post office is so good at deliveries that they often will come back with a delivery same day if my pkg somehow didn't get on the truck with the mail, but then I have great mail service!

Comment

I really dislike the Surepost system. In our city, it can take 3-4 days to get from our central post office to the one that delivers our mail and then it may get rerouted to Indy or Ft. Wayne before it finds it way back to my post office... For some reason the local post offices are incapable of moving mail across town on their own. Leave it to the bureaucracy to find a way to make things "more simple and streamlined"...

Comment

Swietsto - I used to have the same problem ... UPS would wait until the end of the day to deliver it to the Postal sorting facility. That facility sorted and delivered to multiple substations which were responsible for getting it to me. That added 2-4 days to my delivery. At some point in time (don't know whether it was due to my inquiries or intervention by retailers) UPS now delivers directly to my substation and now usually does it first thing in the morning. I expect things to go even faster when UPS starts Saturday delivery.

I'm lucky that UPS has a facility in my town so it may have been easier to work out but it did take a long time for this arrangement to happen.

Comment

I placed my order on Friday and it arrived by my mail carrier with my regular mail. Now I can start my Stack and Flip.
                      Thanks MSQC.

Comment

Ours is the opposite. If USPS is bringing it, it's here by noon. If UPS brings it, I hear the "shave and a hair-cut" knock while I'm in the bath at 7pm.
                        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Thanks to everyone that posted......Here's some info on the order !

So the delivery date was originally to be on Friday June 9, 2017 and it is "supposed" to be delivered tomorrow, June 8,2017 ( Thursday) So, I guess I shouldn't complain ? The order was placed June 2,2017.....and boxed right away....and shipped within a few hours after that.
                          BUT....the prior order I placed, it got to me within 4 days....so I guess it really depends on how many orders go out of MSQC at one time, which of course is no fault of MSQC.

Notify me with Updates
                          Change Delivery
                          Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
                          Thursday, 06/08/2017, By End of Day
                          Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
                          Friday, 06/09/2017, By End of Day

I am just an impatient person I guess.....Thrilled when I get something within 4 days.....so, if it's longer(this order took 6 days ) I shouldn't complain because most of my orders from MSQC have gotten to me rather quickly !
                          clip-art-garfield-891335dqnce.gif
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Surepost tracking has been accurate for me. UPS takes packages so far then they are turned over to USPS to finish the delivery. If you watch your tracking it tells you when it changes and has always been accurate or ahead of time for me. As long as it hits my Post Office before the trucks go out it gets sorted right away and put on the truck for delivery. If a package arrives after then it comes next day. Of course it may help that my P.O. is the local sorting facility for our area.
                            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have personally addressed this issue many times on this forum. M* has chosen to save a few pennies on each order over customer service. The post office will deliver most packages two days after leaving Hamilton. UPS takes THREE to FIVE days to transport the mail from Hamilton to the local UPS hub. It may then sit at UPS another day or two. Not until the tracking says "ACCEPTED by local post office" does USPS have any control over it. If it says transferred to post office it merely means that UPS has put the mail piece into a bag destined for your post office, but it is still in the possession of UPS. UPS in my area, at least, does not transfer the bag containing the mail pieces until about 11 am, long after the carriers are on the street. Therefore another day is added.

I have been in contact with Al explaining this to him several times and sent him numerous tracking examples of packages from as far away Idaho showing that USPS deliver in two days as opposed to the 5 to 7 days M* Surepost packages. I have never waited more than two days for orders from Fatquarter shop in Texas. So, my solution has become to order from vendors who ship by USPS. I only order daily deals from M* now ��. I really hate that, because I want to support them, but their shipping methods are unacceptable. I even told Al I would pay more for shipping if given the option.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X