Question about the Block Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Block Magazine

In the new Block magazine there is a tutorial for 9-Patch & Hourglass .. is there a video tutorial as well?
    I'm thinking it could be the Disappearing Hourglass 2, but I'm not certain. Any suggestions?

Re: Question about the Block Magazine

The Alter Ego Quilt perhaps

https://quiltingtutorials.com/tutori...ng-layer-cakes
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Yes! I think that's it! Instead of a 9 patch she uses a 4 patch .. easy fix!
      Thanks so much Wendy!

Comment

Sorry I told you wrong, i just got my magazine after I responded. The one you were asking for is cAlled the 9 patch and hourglass. There is a link to the tutorial on page 32. Here it is: www.msqc.co/blockspring17
        Wendy
        http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Ok .. that's the one! I did a search on their You Tube channel searching for the 9 patch and Hourglass and nothing came up ..
          Thanks so much!

Comment

Can someone please advise me?
            I started making the 9 Patch and Hourglass quilt ... following the directions in the Block magazine (page 36)
            I'm a bit confused.
            It says to make the hourglasses, and it should finish at 6 1/2 inches ...
            Then it says to make the 2 1/2 sq for the 9 patch .. and then you finish, the block should be 6 inches ...
            I did all that .. hourglass are squared up at 6 1/2 inches and the 9 patches finish at 6 inches.
            So, unless I'm missing something .. you can't fit a 6 1/2 inch block with a 6 inch block.
            I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong on my part but I can't figure out what?
            Can someone please help!!

Comment

In Block it says the block size of the 9 patch is 6" finished...meaning the block size after it's sewn into the quilt. The unfinished size size of the 9 patch made with 2 1/2" squares should be 6 1/2" and should match up with the 6 1/2" hourglass blocks.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Yes! You're right!
                My problem is .. some of my 2 1/2 inch squares aren't 2 1/2 inches .. grrr ..
                I think it would have been easier to sew them in strips first and then cut .. doing it the way they tell you in the book leaves too much room for mistakes.
                Off to recheck and recheck!
                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X