An opinion question on scarfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An opinion question on scarfs

I prefer Infinity or long scarves. I wouldn't wear a short one.
    The long ones are great to tie around your waist. I, my daughter and granddaughter wear them like that, but they prefer the infinity too. You can wear them long or wrap them twice and wear them that way. I never wore scarves until the last few years. They're great for hiding the sagging, wrinkling skin on your neck. You know that gravity thing that really starts to take a hold of you as we go up the age chart. Plus, they're way cheaper than the beauty products that promise to get rid of the sagging and bagging! lol

Comment

Infinity or long are the only ones I see. The thinner the cotton the better. Nice, too, if you can fringe the ends.

Comment

If the material is soft, what about chemo scarves? I reuse mine on windy days when working outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
          If the material is soft, what about chemo scarves? I reuse mine on windy days when working outside.
          I thought about that. I don't want to charge for those though. My auntie just passed from cancer, so I would make some for charity.

Sorry you had to go through that

When I was taking care of her we were invited to dinner and asked should I wear the scarf or this wig. I hated the wig and she looked so cute in the scarf. I didn't win that one.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm going to dust off my serger and figure out some measurements. And thanks to those that mentioned Voile. That term was escaping me and that's what it is
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

My DD's all love scarves; they would like either infinity or long scarves that can be tied in all sorts of ways.

Comment

I was always given scarves as gifts for the longest time, but never wore them as I thought they were for older ladies. Then I went thru the hot flash seasons and would never wear them, not even on the minus crazy weather we get in Canadian winter. Then, I guess I got older, and out come the scarves, thin and light, infinity and long ones which I also use instead of jewelry to change up outfits when travelling. It transforms plain t-shirts into dressy outfit and are light to pack, especially with weight restriction for luggage. Then, I can buy more fabric to bring home. Double bonus.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                X