Wavy Wavy Olfa mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavy Wavy Olfa mat

I was gifted an Olfa mat that belonged to Ms. Sherry. It's kind of wavy now that it was transported in the back of a van. And you guessed it, it wasn't laying flat on the floor.

Does anybody have any suggestions to get it flat again? Or should I just pitch it.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Re: Wavy Wavy Olfa mat

I think I read where someone put hers outside in the sun between two heavy planks of wood & that helped.

I've also read that soaking a mat in bathtub full of hot water can rescue a mat.

I haven't needed to do either (yet, lol) myself, but that's what I'd try first

Comment

I agree about the sun.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Here's a link that sounds promising. An Olfa guy's suggestions. I haven't tried.
        http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...tting-mat.html

Comment

I would lay it flat in a bathtub or shower and let the steam heat it up then dry it off and lay it on a flat surface maybe put some books on it over night
          success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
          Terry of NC

Comment

Well for sure don't toss it out! Try to reflatten it. If that doesn't work it makes a great surface for projects needing glue, that you don't want to get on your good mat. Also if you have grandchildren, an old mat will come to the rescue when they want to do arts and crafts on Grandma's good dining room table!

Comment

My mat had a huge wave in it. I've had this mat since I first started quilting and when I looked at the new ones, I didn't like them.
              So, I tried the warm oven method. I layed it on a rack covered with foil, left it in the oven until I could see that the wave was flat, took it out and layed it on my counter, then covered it with my Pampered Chef cookie sheets overnight AND it's perfect!!!
              I don't remember who suggested this method, but I love you!
              Bec

Comment

Working...
              X