Iron Quilter Contest - I finally finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Quilter Contest - I finally finished

Well I finally finished my quilt top for the contest about 4pm today. I don't think I can post a picture here but they should all be available for your viewing and voting pleasure soon I think.

This quilt was difficult for me due to the time crunch and the fact that I was busy (like everyone else) sewing Christmas presents. Also, I chose a pattern, mitered borders and eventually scalloped edge all of which I've never done before. Sadly the scalloped edge is not done because I've sumitted just a top (I emailed them and they said ok).

Anyway, it was fun to play. I can't wait to see what everyone else did with the same fabric.

Who else played???
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: Iron Quilter Contest - I finally finished

You did better than I, Nancy. I ordered the charms, but had other things to do and never got around to making anything out of them. Maybe if I had liked the material more, I would have been more motivated. I have a hard time picturing what a fabric will look like in a project. I'm anxiously awaiting the photos of everyone else's projects. Maybe it will motivate me to do SOMETHING with these charms. Good luck, Nancy.
    Bec

Comment

I can't wait to see them... i am "charm challenged" as well!!!!!!!!!!!!! HNY
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I sent my entry in a couple weeks ago. I have sent the quilt to my nephew as a wedding present. I kinda liked the deadline. Made me go ahead and get it done and it worked out great because I had something for a wedding gift when most everything else was focused on Christmas.
        K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

I completed my binding this morning, and I must say this was especially fun to use materials that I did not choose.
          I Love M*QC!

Comment

Oh My!!!

How EXCITING!

Can't Wait to see the Pics Too...
            ~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Okay, you have my attention. what is Iron Quilter Contest. I am fairly new here and don't know a lot of what you guys talk about.. yet!
              Donna
              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyMtnLady View Post
                Okay, you have my attention. what is Iron Quilter Contest. I am fairly new here and don't know a lot of what you guys talk about.. yet!
                Go to the blog and look in October for the posting about the Iron Quilter contest. Jenny did a great video to introduce it. I think it's going to be an annual event.
                Nancy

Comment

My Iron Quilt is very simple. However, whatever the vote, I feel like a winner as it is done! sewn and quilted and is such a very sweet summer themed quilt. It reminds me of Michigan summers before airconditioning arrived. I have it because of the Jenny's infectious motivation. Excited to see how everyone worked out their ideas. soon now! also as we don't know how many quilters participated that too will be fun to know.

Comment

I just re-read the original blog and only the finalists will be posted on the blog (tomorrow supposedly) for you to vote on. I hope we'll be able to see all the quilts somewhere. I think it would be so interesting to see all the different things that can be done with the same fabric.
                    Nancy

Comment

I love the Summer Breeze fabric, but I only got as far as getting the charm packs. I have played with the fabric a bit, (bought some yardage, jellies, charms & layer cakes) but haven't done much more than that. Too much to do around this time of the year, and working almost full time, too.

Good luck to you all!
                      ~*Christina*~

Comment

I entered and feel that even if I win nothing I am still an Iron Quilter!! I may not win, but I have battled!!

I used techniques that were new to me and I think my project turned out OK, so that's the important thing.
                        Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I forgot all about it and suddenly remembered on Monday. I desperately sewed together my blocks, discovered my maths was wrong and had to change my plan at the last minute. I just managed the deadline but it isn't at all what I planned to do.

Maybe we could all post our pictures on here when the voting is over and then everyone could see.
                          Quilting through the dull times
                          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I sure hope they post all of the quilts, I am wanting to see all the different ways to use the same charm pack. I like the idea of posting our picture here if they don't. I'll look tomorrow and see what is happening.
                            Come join the fun.

Beginners Mystery Quilt. This is a queen aize when finished, nice. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/into-light-beginners-mystery-quilt.html[/url]

Christmas Log Cabin strip swap.
                            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...cabin-nq3.html

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                              I forgot all about it and suddenly remembered on Monday. I desperately sewed together my blocks, discovered my maths was wrong and had to change my plan at the last minute. I just managed the deadline but it isn't at all what I planned to do.

Maybe we could all post our pictures on here when the voting is over and then everyone could see.
                              I think once the voting is over or maybe even when the finalists are announced it would be okay to post our entries here (as long as we weren't a finalist). Posting if we are might seem to some like we are trying to win votes.
                              K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                              T - is it TRUE?
                              H - is it HELPFUL?
                              I - is it INSPIRING?
                              N - is it NECESSARY?
                              K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

Working...
                              X