Is it safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe

Is it safe to leave your sewing machine plugged in when not in use?

Thank you,
    Lori
    Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Re: Is it safe

Mine are always plugged in, but turned off when not in use. They are also all on power surgers.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thank you, because I wasn't sure. It's a real pain to keep plugging and unplugging all the time.

Lori

Comment

Mine are always plugged in too. The thing is, plugged in things not in use still use electricity.

http://gogreeninyourhome.com/how-to-...en-turned-off/
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

My husband saw on the news that you shouldn't leave laptops plugged in overnight so, now he is a nervous wreck about leaving items plugged in. Thank you

Lori

Comment

Mine are always plugged in but on power surge units. Check with your local electrical company. There can still be a draw of power and charges for electric even if units are turned off and the source unit is left on (power surgers, thermostats) I have independent heat in my sewing studio with timers and unless I turn off the thermostats completely, there still is charge for electric. Learned this from a friend of mine who ended up with the same kind of set up and a $700 heating bill for units that were turned off, but still drew electric! OUCH!
            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

You could always just unplug the machine from the cord that goes into the wall, not from the wall itself if you are too worried.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellthecat View Post
                My husband saw on the news that you shouldn't leave laptops plugged in overnight so, now he is a nervous wreck about leaving items plugged in. Thank you
                Lap tops have become a little scary. I saw the two teens just charging one and it blew up because of the battery. The house camera caught it on tape. Mine is always plugged in too. It falls asleep at night, but still. Yikes
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I must admit, I am a bit of a scaredy cat so I do unplug mine. I'm always telling my kids off (late teens) for leaving things plugged in so I have to practice what I preach lol!

Comment

OMG, thank you for the information. He turned 68 yesterday so, things are making him more aware.

Lori

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellthecat View Post
                      Thank you, because I wasn't sure. It's a real pain to keep plugging and unplugging all the time.
                      Hard on the cords, too.

Comment

I know, it can be scary. Tomorrow he is going to buy Carbon minoxide alarms. He never used to be like this.

Lori

Comment

I hear what your saying, lol.

Lori

Comment

I could do that too but, I like it the way it is. Thank you

Lori

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                              Lap tops have become a little scary. I saw the two teens just charging one and it blew up because of the battery. The house camera caught it on tape. Mine is always plugged in too. It falls asleep at night, but still. Yikes
                              The news here also reported on that. It was because the laptop was sitting directly on a sofa, there was no cool air getting to it, it overheated and that is when it caught fire.
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X