Is it safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it safe

Mine's alway plugged in but turned off when not in use. I do unplug it if I know that we're going to have thunder storms in the summer.
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Comment

I always unplug mine whenever I turn it off, even if I plan to return later. I also have it plugged into a surge protector. I feel like the little time it takes to unplug it is worth it compared to having to buy a new machine. All it takes is once and it's gone.

Comment

I leave mine plugged in but I turn off the plug.

Comment

I always unplug . After having my house struck by lightning 20 years ago and everything that was plugged in was fried it has become a habit

Comment

I have mine plugged into a surge protector that has a switch. I always turn the machine off and the protector. I don't unplug anything . . . May have to rethink . . . No, I'm good.

Comment

After purchasing an electronic sewing machine, I went out and purchased surge protector extension cords for every spot I sew in. I keep my machines plugged into them. I have 4 in use at any given time. The hard part was getting some with a longer than 3' cord, but I did find some. The surge protectors have a switch, so I turn it on to sew, and off when I am not sewing.
              I hope it's not using juice when turned off.
              Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Now you've got me to thinking. I feel safe leaving my sewing machine plugged into the wall but I'm wondering now if I should unplug my laptop computer at night. Since there is risk of battery exploding, yikes! But if I unplug my laptop the battery runs down, is that a good thing, every night? Hmmmmmm. Thank you Lori for calling this to our attention.
                sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Why would your laptop battery run down if unplugged from the wall if you turn you laptop to off, instead of say, sleep before unplugging?
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels.
                  When someone
                  break's our wings
                  we will continue to
                  fly...usually on a
                  broomstick.
                  We're flexible like that.
                  - embroitique

Comment

I leave mine plugged in, turn it off and

ALWAYS turn off the serge protector. But than I live in Florida, capital of lightening strikes.
                    Have a blessed day
                    Pam[/I]
                    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

I leave mine plugged in, turned off, and plugged into a surge protector. (I live in the #2 area for lightning strikes.) Mine doesn't have any computerized parts, so there's no battery to risk overheating.

Comment

I'm another one who plugs into surge protector that stays plugged in to the wall.

When done sewing I turn off the machine and then turn off the protector.

Comment

I always unplug my machines when not in use. We tend to have storms here and I knew one woman who had her computerized machine plugged into a surge protector when a storm came thru. Even the surge protector wasn't enough to keep from damaging the machine. I put power strips on my walls so it's easy to just reach over and unplug the machine when I'm done.
                          Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight, Rocketeer

Comment

I always unplug mine, and it's plugged into a power surge unit. I'm not taking ANY chances of having to replace my machine because a surge got past the surge protector. Everything in my sewing room gets unplugged before I leave the room for the day....
                            Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

Always plugged in to a power surgery. When not in use, always turned off.

Comment

My lap top is alays plugged in but off when I go to bed or work and otherwise it goes to sleep after so long no activity. Only time it gets unplugged is when a storm is coming and power outages. But mine also sets on a coolpad that has 5 fans on it and goes when ever the lid is lifted.
                                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X