Suggestions for Extra blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Extra blocks

From previous projects I have some left over blocks. You know you made an extra one just to make sure you have the pattern layout. Well I can not say they all match. colour wise. pattern... etc. So including them in one quilt might just make the ugly quilt museum. Not something i would be proud to say I made.

I am looking for suggestions on what others may do with their spare or extra quilt bocks. They range in size from 6" to 12".
    Lisa Dawn
    May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Re: Suggestions for Extra blocks

I often turn them into pot holders, pillows, pincushions or if they are real nice mount on poster board and frame them to decorate my sewing room.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Pillow covers, table runners, hot pads front (or even back ) panel on a tote. Still thinking. I'm sure there are others who have even better ideas.
      💫 Star lover

Comment

JCY Senior Member, does this so maybe it's a possibility for your orphans: She says: "I make a sample block of every quilt I make to practice FMQ & make sure the binding is okay. I have a stash of these that I can refer to once I give away the quilt. With a Sharpie, I write the pattern & date completed on the back. "
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

What about putting sashing in between the blocks for a quilt.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

How about zipper pouches for gifts.
            Lorie
            🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

I make drawer liners for my kitchen to put under silverware trays, pots and pan lids, or to put under the coffee maker or toaster

Comment

Didn't Jenny use extra quilt blocks to make her chicken pincushion?
                Debbie

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions I am definitely going to look at some of the blocks with the suggestions in mind and see what i can come up with... LOL.
                  Lisa Dawn
                  May great ideas start with a scrap of thought.

Comment

I make a lot of mug rugs and hot pads or coasters. We are an always drinking something family. Some have ended up as part of a tote bag and quite a few are in an orphan block box.
                    "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                    Hillary Clinton

Comment

I have seen quilts or wall hangings done like clothes on a clothesline.
                      Here is a link to google with some images. Lots of possibilities.
                      https://www.google.com/#q=clothesline+quilt+images

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy224 View Post
                        I have seen quilts or wall hangings done like clothes on a clothesline.
                        Here is a link to google with some images. Lots of possibilities.
                        https://www.google.com/#q=clothesline+quilt+images
                        I always liked those. I have an embroidery one if I ever get my machine back from dd.
                        Lorie
                        🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

Working...
                        X