X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conundrum

Hi

I got a problem.

After finished my first whole cloth project I wanted to attach some binding .
    So I switch from fmq settings to normal quilting settings.

Then from nowhere my stupid machine decided only to stitch backwards!!

No matter what I do, what settings I apply it still keep stitching backwards!

I cleaned it , I rethread it , I talked to him. I yelled at him.

I turned him of and started him again. same result

I have a PFAFF quilt expression 4.0.

Anyone ever heard about a machine that only stitch backwards ?

What to do ?

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Conundrum

Sometimes it needs a cleaning. If the oil in the machine has dried or thickened, it will do that. The older Pfaffs did that at times.
    I found lint everywhere when I had to fix the Brother 1500, which is mechanical and we did have a repair chart.

I'd clean out all the lint you can reach and let it sit for a while. If it doesn't go after that, then you probably will need service.

You can use the tools that attach to your vacuum cleaner if you have them. Floss the top with something like the dollar bills we have here.
    They are soft and sometimes feel a little different from all the handling.

While you don't oil the machines - we were told by a Pfaff dealer to wipe the posts that go up and down with the needle with a bit of oil every now and then. We also wiped the spindle for the bobbin, but ours were vertical, not drop in.

On my Pfaff, when I did a lot of embroidery or even garment sewing, I could see a lint line on the shafts for the needle and the IDT. The lint is also going up even if you don't see that.

Comment

You said that you turned it off and back on. But did you unplug it and leave it for a while?

I hope you get the problem figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
        You said that you turned it off and back on. But did you unplug it and leave it for a while?
        That's what I was going to say ! ! !

Comment

My sister has that machine and it happened to her. It spent three weeks in the shop before they got it fixed.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

A friend has a newer Singer that did the same thing. It also took a trip to the shop to fix it.

Comment

I have Pfaff machines and it has happened to me a few times. The reverse button just got a little stuck in every case. Wiggle the button back and fro so it gets free, it is annoying that with the newer machines the silicone button just seems to jam sideways against the machine casing. Luckily when I took my 1st Pfaff back my dealer just laughed and did not charge.

Comment

Thank you for you good advice.

I have tried all that I can think of. I will have to bite the bullet and start calling around to find a place that can take a look at my machine.

It seams that the machine is stuck mechanical and thankfully not computer wise.

It just goes backwards both with straight stitch and zig zag stitches.

I will let you know how it is unfolding.
                sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

If you take it in make sure to sew on some scraps first so your nice white fabric does'nt get dirty.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                  X