A finish that was meant to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A finish that was meant to be

Two years ago near the start of my quilting journey I decided to make a lap quilt for by best friend. Finished piecing it & thought I would FMQ it as soon as I learned how. I was way over confident in my abilities. Last week for some unknown reason I felt it was time to finish that quilt, so I quilted it using my walking foot. I wasn't pleased with my piecing, know I could do a lot better job now, but it was done. Didn't know whether to give it to my friend or not.

She phoned Saturday morning. Her husband had died quite unexpectedly. She is a strong woman who will be ok, but I know she will be trying to look after her son & daughter, not thinking of herself. I think I was meant to finish that quilt last week & of course be taking it to her when I make the trip there this week.

Years ago when my mother died she showed up at my door with a cuddly fleece throw for me to cuddle under when I needed to cry. Now I will do the same for her.

Re: A finish that was meant to be

What wonderful gift you are giving and a wonderful friend you are!

Comment

Isn't life strange this way. She will be so glad to see you and will wrap herself up in that big hug of a quilt you are delivering.

Comment

What a wonderful story. Yes, you were meant to finish that quilt at the right time!
        I always say "Go with your gut"
        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Your friend will appreciate the quilt you made. A quilt that is loved is better than a perfect one. Thanks for sharing your story.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Karma is a deep and beautiful thing.
            Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

There is nothing more comforting than receiving a quilt from a friend. Good for you!

Comment

You are a truly great friend. You know how much your friend will appreciate the quilt.

Comment

Your friend will be so glad to see you and she will treasure the quilt. You are such a good friend.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I always say that things happen for a reason. What a wonderful friend she has in you.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                    X