X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Re: 1/4" seam

I bought a 1/4 inch foot for my older Janome and it works great, very accurate. It has a metal guide that you nestle your fabric up against and so all of your seams are very consistent. No more struggling to line up your edges against a tape line--which is so-so, but if you are a little tired when sewing it's easy to get a little sloppy and then your seams are a bit off.

Leave a comment:

• Mom23
    replied
    Re: 1/4" seam

It took me quite some time to get an accurate 1/4" seam. I started with sewing the three strips of fabric together and measuring. I thought I had it perfected so I made several log cabin blocks, only to find out it wasn't. I have a Janome 6600 and I now place my setting to 5.4. I once used a different 1/4" foot and that created more problems, and testing. Each machine is different so my suggestion is to just sew blocks together and measuring until you get in accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Claudiaj
    started a topic 1/4" seam

1/4" seam

I was watching a couple of video's today as I have not used my machine in a couple of months therefore I forgot how to set it for 1/4" seam. I was watching a couple of videos and was wondering how you check to make sure you are getting the 1/4" seam.
    One class just measured from the stitching line to the end of the fabric, the other had me sew 3 pieces together and then measure, and the first class did nothing-they assumed since I have a 1/4" foot it would be fine-and actually it was pretty good.
    So what do you do?
    Claudia
Working...
X