1/4" seam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4" seam

I was watching a couple of video's today as I have not used my machine in a couple of months therefore I forgot how to set it for 1/4" seam. I was watching a couple of videos and was wondering how you check to make sure you are getting the 1/4" seam.
    One class just measured from the stitching line to the end of the fabric, the other had me sew 3 pieces together and then measure, and the first class did nothing-they assumed since I have a 1/4" foot it would be fine-and actually it was pretty good.
    So what do you do?
    Claudia

Re: 1/4" seam

It took me quite some time to get an accurate 1/4" seam. I started with sewing the three strips of fabric together and measuring. I thought I had it perfected so I made several log cabin blocks, only to find out it wasn't. I have a Janome 6600 and I now place my setting to 5.4. I once used a different 1/4" foot and that created more problems, and testing. Each machine is different so my suggestion is to just sew blocks together and measuring until you get in accurate.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Re: 1/4" seam

I bought a 1/4 inch foot for my older Janome and it works great, very accurate. It has a metal guide that you nestle your fabric up against and so all of your seams are very consistent. No more struggling to line up your edges against a tape line--which is so-so, but if you are a little tired when sewing it's easy to get a little sloppy and then your seams are a bit off.

Comment

Working...
      X