Do you ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever?

Have you ever worked on a quilt top so long you begin to dislike it. I am doing just that. Maybe as I get into it further I will learn you love it. Let's hope do.

Re: Do you ever?

Been there, done that. It's really bad when it's taken so long to finish that my taste in style and color has totally changed.

Comment

Once the quilt project is finished, you'll have a sense of accomplishment. If you don't like it, someone else is sure to love it.

Comment

Did not exactly dislike the quilt top, but was looking forward to working with other colors after working so long on a graduation quilt (black, yellow, and white fabric).
        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
          Did not exactly dislike the quilt top, but was looking forward to working with other colors after working so long on a graduation quilt (black, yellow, and white fabric).
          Same here....made a red, white, and blue quilt and by the time it was finished I was glad for a change in colors.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Ugh! I made two "Mine-craft" quilts for my grand daughters a couple Christmases back. I was so tired of looking at green pixels!

Comment

I hand-quilt, so yeah, quite often I'm tired of it before its done, but I love them again when they are finished.

Comment

As a recent poster of the same , sure, it happens. BUt, It hasn't taken me long to get over it. I took it to the restaurant and I have oohs and ahhs and a potential sale for the Shriners. I remember once making two identical quilts, the first one was so fun, I had to have one for myself. Ugh...I never used that quilt I was so sick of the colors. So, finish it, show it off and after all the compliments, you'll be in love again
                Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                Terry

Comment

Working...
                X