Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practise is the key

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Practise is the key

    Hi

    Thanks to a wonderful forum member ( Aunti Uli Thank you very much for all your help !) I finally got hold on some Isacord thread.

    And boy what a difference it makes!!

    This is my first real practice sandwich for my whole cloth project.

    I am super happy!

    Even though there is mistakes and I clearly chose the wrong backside I still see lots of improvement with just the change of thread.

    And with my new cheater needle or self threading needle, whatever it is called, hiding the threads are a breeze!

    This project are gonna be so fun!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

    God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

    #2
    Re: Practise is the key

    Wow!! That's super impressive!
    🌺 Lorie

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Practise is the key

      Awesome job. Did you do this on your domestic machine, or a long arm? Either way, it's fabulous and I'm green with envy.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Practise is the key

        Absolutely gorgeous! Your work gets better and better every time you show us. I love what your doing!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Practise is the key

          That along with all your other work, is exquisite.
          Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
          Hi

          Thanks to a wonderful forum member ( Aunti Uli Thank you very much for all your help !) I finally got hold on some Isacord thread.

          And boy what a difference it makes!!

          This is my first real practice sandwich for my whole cloth project.

          I am super happy!

          Even though there is mistakes and I clearly chose the wrong backside I still see lots of improvement with just the change of thread.

          And with my new cheater needle or self threading needle, whatever it is called, hiding the threads are a breeze!

          This project are gonna be so fun!
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Practise is the key

            Lookin' good!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Practise is the key

              Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              Awesome job. Did you do this on your domestic machine, or a long arm? Either way, it's fabulous and I'm green with envy.
              I only have a domestic sewing machine. A PFAFF quilt expression 4.0.
              sigpic

              God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
              A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
              And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Practise is the key

                Thank you all!

                this is so much fun to do and it is relaxing because it is a practice piece.

                I am aloud to make mistakes!
                sigpic

                God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Practise is the key

                  Oh my goodness. That is just stunning.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Practise is the key

                    This is so beautiful and I just can't imagine myself doing something so beautiful and not relaxing while trying to do so. You should be so pleased with your work.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Practise is the key

                      Ahhhhhh!!! So beautiful, Annika!
                      Did you draw anything out, or just sew? My creative side is just itching to try wholecloth - you are an inspiration

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Practise is the key

                        Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                        Ahhhhhh!!! So beautiful, Annika!
                        Did you draw anything out, or just sew? My creative side is just itching to try wholecloth - you are an inspiration
                        Thank you!

                        I drew everything out first so I only had to stitch on the lines.
                        sigpic

                        God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                        The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                        A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                        And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Practise is the key

                          Fabulous Work my friend... Keep up the good work) GB
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Practise is the key

                            Gorgeous work! I think you're ready for the real thing!
                            Cindy

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Practise is the key

                              Your quilting is wonderful!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X