Needle stabbed the bobbin case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle stabbed the bobbin case

I was trying to do tacking on a thick comforter and apparently the needle got loose and out of alignment, and has actually pierced the black plastic bobbin case. I had to unscrew the plate to get it out and the point had stabbed into the rubber ring at the bottom of the race. So there's a nick in that.

Fun. Guess I need to find a Brother repair place.

Re: Needle stabbed the bobbin case

Maybe you can buy an OEM replacement bobbin case. I've seen them in online shops like sewingpartsonline

Comment

A local sewing machine repair shop should have extra bobbin cases. Hopefully one won't be too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Midge View Post
        Maybe you can buy an OEM replacement bobbin case. I've seen them in online shops like sewingpartsonline
        That's a good idea and I just ordered another one from them.

Comment

Hmmmm..might be a good idea to have the timing checked now that the needle has hit something?

Comment

Better your bobbin case than your finger. Last week, I ran the needle right through my finger. It was such a shock and I didn't know how I got my hand under the needle but lo, there it was. I backed the needled out and you know what? it didn't even bleed even though it went all the way through the nail and suspended my finger. I did replace the needle though. Good luck on finding a new bobbin case.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

Sometimes, you can smooth the burr caused by the needle down with an emery board or fine sandpaper and the case can be saved. This happened to me several times and we fixed it before I had to get a new bobbin case.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                Better your bobbin case than your finger. Last week, I ran the needle right through my finger. It was such a shock and I didn't know how I got my hand under the needle but lo, there it was. I backed the needled out and you know what? it didn't even bleed even though it went all the way through the nail and suspended my finger. I did replace the needle though. Good luck on finding a new bobbin case.
                Ouch! I can't even read this without feeling your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                  I did that a few years ago only the needle broke off and was under the nail. It didn't bleed or even hurt. Since it was a Sunday, I finished what I was doing and waited until the next day to go to the doctor. He couldn't believe I didn't go to the ER but there was no way I was going to spend my entire Sunday evening at the ER when it didn't even hurt. Came out fine in the end. lol. I still have the Xray showing the needle in my finger.
                  Patrice S

Comment

So sorry to hear that. My screw gets loose at times and that's scary. Hope you get it fixed quickly.
                    Cindy

Comment

Working...
                    X